Band

I am sorry, but I have to dedicate this chapter to marching band. I am getting really frustrated by people I talk to right now. They ask why I don't do certain things or join certain things and I tell them I can't because I have marching band. So then they go off saying how marching band isn't a sport, and that it doesn't do anything and it isn't important. Then they say how easy it is. They say that anyone can do it.  Well you know what? I didn't see them up at 6:30 in the morning on their summer vacation so that they can go to band camp. I didn't see them out in the hot sun for around seven hours and thirty minutes. I didn't see them give up three weeks of their summer to practice so that at the first football game there was a half time performance. I didn't see them stay after school two days out of the week until 5:30 for band. I didn't see them get hit with a huge bass drum while marching!

Yes, band is totally easy.

     All you have to do is memorize 3 songs, the fingering on your instrument for that song, learn a ton of drill for each individual song, and learn how to march and play the whole thing. All the while, remembering to watch the drum major, the people to the left, right, and front of you, and the yard lines. Then you have to think about your marching technique. Is your shoulders back? Is your instrument angled the correct way? Do you have your toes pointed up at ALL times? Did you turn your head to a 45 degree angle on that one visual? Are you remembering to face the side line? Not only all that, but you have to recover quickly when you make a mistake so those hundreds of people watching your every move won't notice.

Say that band is easy again, I dare you.

Do you know what else? The band gets way more trophies than the football team. Does anyone acknowledge that? No!

Ok, I'm done ranting. Here are some band photos.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.