Chapter 7

please comment my little papayas

{Emma's POV}
Emma stood somewhat behind Killian and off to the side with her hands on her hips. Milah... this is what he called Emma when he was trying to hook up the night before.

"I need to talk to you.." she whispered looking back and forth between the two. Her eyes piercing and mean.

"No.. we're done talking everything.. did you sign the papers I sent you?" His mood had dropped in his voice alone.

"Why? So you can get back to being with her?" She whispered trying to keep it out of Emma's line of hearing, but it definitely passed right to her ears.

"Excuse me?" They both said in unison.

"Yeah I see the way you look at her. You haven't looked at me like that in a while.." Milah had tears brimming her eyes.

"We understand each other.. me and Emma, but we're not hooking up, just having fun. And no, I don't mean screwing when I say 'having fun'," Emma looked down at her shoes half smiling at what he had said.

"This is also a wedding so I don't know why you want to bring drama into this place," she scoffed. "Take your drama away and he can talk to you tomorrow if it's that goddamn important.." Emma rolled her eyes.

"Okay.. listen," she tried to take a step past Killian when he put his arm up stopping her.

"Don't." He half whispered.

"I don't need you in on my husbands and I's conversation," she snipped.

"Oh I didn't want in until you brought me in..." Emma chuckled before walking away.

"Both of you stop.. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Now I'm sure Gold's waiting for you so just leave me alone," he raised his eyebrow.

"Gold's not here with me.." Milah answered before he turned and walking away. Emma had sat at a table with Cora sipping her flask. Killian sat next to her.

"She's a charmer.." Twiddling the flask with her thumbs, she turned to open it again when Killian put his hand on top. That's when he got her attention.

"Look I can fight my own battles... you don't have to fight them for me.." Killian looked down before up at Emma again.

"What do you say we get out of here?" Emma asked. "There's only about ten minutes left in the reception.. I'm pretty sure Regina and Robin left to go find somewhere to... celebrate," she chuckled.

"I'm better off by myself, thanks. I'll just go back to my hotel room," he stood.

"I wasn't indicating anything inappropriate.." Killian raised his eyebrows. "Look.." Emma stood as Killian did taking a step forward. "I have a confession.." Looking down at her feet, she swallowed before speaking again. "I never thought I was capable of letting go of my... my first love, my Neal." Killian furrowed his eyebrows. "That is until I met you," Emma mumbled looking up at Killian.

"I... I should go.." Killian looked at Emma once before setting his drink down on the table and walking out the door.

Emma hung her head closing her eyes before raising her flask to her lips.

"You really think he's gonna fall for you?" Milah stepped up to the table sitting down without even looking at her.

"I think I'm winning him over. What's it to you? He's not yours anymore.. you ruined that," Emma kept her eyes off of Milah looking forward.

"Of course you're winning him over. He loves dating slutty strippers with a drinking problem," Milah chuckled taking a stand and pushing her chair in.

"I'm not giving up on him.." Emma finally made eye contact with Milah in a serious and non threatening way. "You already walked out on him. Just know that I'm in this for the long haul," Emma stood glaring at Milah. She couldn't reply she was so speechless, and on that note, Emma walked off to go home.

•••••

{Killian's POV}
"Morning, Buddy!" Killian grinned as the dog trotted up to him wagging his tail.

"He was whining all night.." Mary Margaret muttered from the kitchen table clutching her coffee mug with one hand and the newspaper in the other.

"Ah, yes, he doesn't like storms.. sorry about that. I'll take him off your hands for a while before I work," he turned to the dog. "Come on, Taco!" Killian opened the door and they left closing it behind them.

Killian whistled nearly the entire walk around town. Thoughts slated clean from any stress. The dog always walked by his side.

"Taco!" Killian yelled as the dog trotted off to a woman on the bench watching the children at the playground. "Hey Emma.." he mumbled. The woman turned, and it wasn't Emma. "Milah? What're you still doing here? Thought I told you to leave." She almost looked offended.

"I told you I have to talk to you." He looked around for Emma. She was here every morning, but not today.

"She's not here, so stop looking." Milah snipped at him.

"How did you-"

"Babe, there's one thing I know about you."

"Don't call me babe.." Killian's jaw clenched. Milah continued ignoring what he had to say.

"You may have walls up, but you can't keep out that hope in your eyes. I saw it last night. You used to look at me like that." Her eyes softened from defensive to loving quickly.

"Why are you still here?" Killian tried to change the subject to get her out of town as soon as possible.

"A little snippy huh?" Milah crossed her arms.

"You're stalling," Killian sighed.

"Alright.. Killian, I'm pregnant." She paused covering her belly with her palm.

Killian froze. He was having a child? He doesn't remember the last time they ever had sex. They had decided to take a break after a while of trying to get pregnant. That's when he remembered. Gold.

"Congrats. Hope you and him are happy." Killian started to walk past her with Taco when she grabbed his arm.

"I don't know if it's his... Killian, we tried so hard for a baby. The opportunity is finally here. Why don't we just forget that he was in the picture. You wouldn't want this baby to grow up in a separated household, would you?"

"Forget that he was in the picture.. Milah do you understand what you're saying? You're blackmailing me to be with you. You want me to forget that you cheated." He chuckled sarcastically. "God, it can't be mine. We haven't had sex in at least three months."

"That's the thing. The baby is about three months old.." Milah smiled looking down.

"Come again?" Killian asked. "I'm gonna be a father.." he felt dizzy. Never expecting something like this to overcome him.

"Maybe.."

"Maybe? It could be Gold's?" Milah nodded looking down. "You said you and Gold only happened once. So, you lied to me again?! I can't believe this. We were trying for a baby and you could have possibly made one with your lover instead.." Killian released himself from her grip walking away. "Call me when you know the results. I don't wanna see you till then."

Killian stormed off with his dog trotting at his side. He could hear her cries in the background begin to fade.

*hey guys hope you liked it! More updates will be on their way! Comment and like it up please! Love you all! -Syd*