CHAPTER 16 "A Werewolf's worst nightmare"

I walk into school chatting with the pack and Clover, we've all gotten pretty close. Me and Clover head to our first class and I'm wondering where Aries is.

Maybe he's just late again, I think even though there is a nagging feeling that something's wrong. Why does this keep happening?

I walk in and take my normal seat and I glance at Aries' seat, I don't know how I can tell it but I know he's not coming today.

I go to my second class I walk in gaining a few looks but that's normal. I take a seat and after everyone takes a seat I hear footsteps, a pit forms in my stomach getting bigger with each step.

A guy walks in with brown hair crapily dyed blonde hair, eyes so brown they almost look black, and a lip piercing. He's wearing a lose fitting tank top (that's almost see through) showing off his defined muscles and the black tribal tattoo that goes from his neck to his wrist on his left side, combat boots(that oddly match mine, ha, dumbass shops in the women's department) and some faux leather pants.

I freeze as he looks at me, I feel something I haven't felt in a long time........fear.

I sit there unmoving as the teacher says "Class I would like you to welcome Mr.Dominic Daemon"

The class mumbles a hello, I just stare as he stares back. Something red sparks in his eyes so quickly I almost didn't see it.

I look down at my conveniently empty desk and suddenly my chipping nail polish became the most interesting thing in the world. I hear footsteps get close to my chair and I gulp, I look through the corner of my eye to see Dominic sitting next to me still starring.

I take a deep breath and smell burning flesh an a humanly sent, I gulp again. You may be thinking what can scare a werewolf? I'll tell you. A werewolf hunter, they are part demon and part human.

The order of the light made them when werewolves were getting out of control, but that's been centuries ago(I thought they were all dead, maybe I was hoping).

My wolf whimpers in my head, I shiver.

I started to sweat bullets and feel sick, I raise my hand.

"Yes, Miss Wolf"the teacher says looking at me.

"Can I go to the bathroom please?" I say wishing he didn't say my last name.

He takes in my face, which is probably green "Yes, but hurry back".

I nearly run out, as I get further away start to I feel better. Til I hear footsteps coming up behind me, I head for the girls bathroom knowing he wouldn't dare follow(I hope).

######

I go in do my thing and lean against the wall catching my breath. I look in the mirror an splash some cold water in my face, I put on a composed front and walk out. I see him leaning against the wall casually, I try to walk past him.

"So, werewolf, how is your pack doing?" he says looking like he had better things to do.

I roll my eyes "So,werewolf hunter, did the order of the light send you?" I ask walking and standing in front of him glaring.

He smirks as I let out a low growl "Easy there girl, don't get your tail in a twist. Yes, the order of the light sent me to keep an eye on your pack" he says mockingly. I answer with another low growl.

"My pack is none of yours or the fucking order of the light's concern and we are not your damn pawns! Now if you'll excuse me I need to get back to class" I snap walking away til he grabs my arm.

It burns me making me pull away in a whimper "They know Alex is back, they heard about the attack. I heard that you were fighting with a vampire." he says like he knows something while I glare.

"Yes I was, and that's all you and the order need to know" I snap again, I will not risk Aries' life with them.

(Most of the vampires are with destruction, so most are considered evil. If I tell them about him being my mate they might kill him thinking he will make me side with destruction).

"Why would a vampire help a werewolf?" he says circling me while I growl.

"I don't know, you tell me. Isn't the order supposed to know everything" I taunt.

He stops in front of me smirking, "I've also heard that you have been making friends of all kinds"

"Well, isn't someone just miss heard it all." I sneer.

He glares "My job is to gather information about your pack".

Anger consumes me "Stay the hell away from my pack and the vampire or I'll kill you!"

No one and I mean no one, gets to disrespect me or my pack or my mate. Let alone a werewolf hunter.

In one swift move I'm pushed against the wall, his forearm pining me by the throat. He looks at me while I glare, I see the red spark again(it's his demon showing).

"Careful werewolf, rember,I've been trained to kill your kind. Your not in the position to be making death threats" he warns releasing me.

"And remember that it's just you and I have my pack of trained killers. One against two hundred, the odds are not in you favor." I bite out walking away.

"And by the way your demons showing, might want to fix that" I say evilly over my shoulder.

#####

After that fucking hunter got me all riled up I decided to go to the gym and work it out after school. But first I have to make it through the day. Everything was fine til lunch......

I was sitting with Clover and the pack, which is normal. And the hunter sat right where I could see him. I glance up from my meal to see him smirking at me, doing a cocky little wave. I glare, not as hard as before but close.

I feel the instinctual rumble in my chest. I feel a gentle elbow nudge my side "Leia, your growling" Coda whispers in my ear.

I stop and get more annoyed that he can tick me off so easily.

"Forget this."I mumble.

"Coda" I nudge him.

"Yeah" he whispers.

"See that guy over there" I say putting my thumb toward the hunter.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He's a werewolf hunter" I say quietly.

Coda's jaw drops "What? Really?"he says in shock.

"Yep, we had a little confrontation. He's not here to hurt us, the order sent him. He is supposed to keep an eye on us. Just keep a close eye on him in case he tries something." I tell him and of course the whole pack hears.

I look at them, there jaws are wide open.

I shake my head "It's not that big of a deal, we have this, okay?"

They nod not talking.

I glance at the hunter and feel a strange pull to him. I glare at him. He winks getting up to throw his plate away. I roll my eyes, great another thing I can't explain.

Thanks for reading! Tell me what y'all think. Thanks again