CHAPTER T H R E E

you were the sweetest apparition, such a pretty vision

D R E A M S

The talk with Simon was strange but afterwards it was as if nothing had happened. We had talked outside on the balcony for quite sometime and I was starting to feel comfortable around him.

Something I didn't actually expect.

"My phone?" I asked, glancing down at it and then looking at him. "Yeah so I can put my number in." He said boldly. It took me a minute to really let it sink in what he said and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks rather quickly. "Oh yeah." I said with a nervous laugh, handing him my phone.

He set his name and number and sent himself a text message so he could save my number. "There. Now it's perfect." He said as he motioned for us to go back inside. "Welcome back love birds." Lux said and I avoided looking at Simon.

Love birds? Had I been flirting and just didn't realize it? Had he been flirting and I was too oblivious to notice? The phone number thing came off friendly but was it Simon's way of flirting with me? I must've looked deep in thought because Tobi came to me and sat down, patting my leg softly. "What's wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothing just thinking." I said to him softly. "What did I miss?" I asked but then JJ dropped a glass clumsily and I didn't need to be brought up to speed. "He's drunk." Tobi said as he sighed to get up and help pick up the glass.

We played games the rest of the night, or at least attempted to. I declined any sort of alcohol as I was still reeling from the bit that was still left in my system. Everyone else for that matter didn't care.

What started out as a small gathering turned into a party with more and more people showing up. JJ was way past gone at this point and just kept inviting more and more people. I finally had a chance to meet Cal, better known as Calfreezy. Lux had mentioned to me that Cal wanted to meet me but he had been busy with his own filming schedule. "Getting the chance to finally meet you has been so difficult." Cal said after our introductions. "Well we're friends now so I think we're doing pretty great." I said with a laugh. I glanced over at Simon was talking to Ethan and some girl about something, I yawned a bit and tried searching for Imani who was playing GTA with a couple of people.

"I have a feeling you'll be leaving soon, so now is a good time as any. Can I get your number?" He asked, taking his phone out for me to grab. I smiled and put my number in along with my name and handed it back to him. "Great, expect to hear from me soon." Cal said excitedly, a wink in my direction and he was gone. I looked around the room and caught eyes with Simon. When he saw me he began to make his way over and for a slight moment my cheeks got hot. "You look tired." He said to me, pouring water into his cup. "Just a little bit, I'm not a huge party person." I replied. "I can take you home if you'd like." Simon offered, setting his cup down. "No don't even worry about it I can find my own way back." I said quickly. "It's late and you'll be alone, I promise it's not a huge thing. Josh and Freya already said they can take Imani home."

I looked at my sister enjoying herself and making new friends and I knew I'd feel bad for trying to drag her with me. "I don't bite." Simon joked, grabbing his keys. "Come on." He said ushering me out the door.

» » »

It was slightly chilly outside as we walked to Simon's car. "You hungry or anything?" He asked, opening the passenger door for me. "I'm alright. Thanks." I said as I took a seat, watching him walk to the otherside. I had to tear my eyes away from him so I didn't come off creepy for staring. "I want ice cream. You sure you don't want any?" He asked, starting the ignition. "Ice cream?" I asked out loud, thinking about it. "Well if it's ice cream..." I said with a laugh. "I could go for some." I said happily.

Simon laughed and turned on his music, letting the music play loudly as he drove to a nearby street. It was illuminated with streetlights and filled with dozens of people taking nightly strolls. The ice cream shop had a small line so we waited outside. I cursed myself for not bringing a sweater, I forgot how different the weather was here. "Here." Simon said as he slipped his sweater off. "I'm okay!" I said quickly but he held onto my arm for a moment, slipping my arm into the sleeve.

"You're shivering." He said with a chuckle.

I slipped my arm into the other sleeve and smiled at him, finally being able to really take in his features for a second. "Thanks, I guess I'll have to start getting used to this London weather." I joked, laughing off the nervousness I felt.

We both got our ice cream and sat inside where it was slightly warmer. He asked me questions about life back home and the interests I had, I asked him what his friendship with the Sidemen meant to him.

I liked his answer.

» » »

Settling down in London had turned out to be quite easier than I expected and I had only been here for a few weeks. After the ice cream thing with Simon we had talked quite frequently and Cal had been messaging me with trying to hang out for the past few days. I had wanted to get my stuff in order and finish decorating the new place. So I told Cal I would let him know when I was fully free.

Imani had brought up the idea that Cal had an interest in me but I shot it down quick. It didn't matter to me and as long as he didn't develop feelings we would be fine.

A few weeks had passed since the party and after not being able to get together before, the Sidemen finally had a day where we could film. In exchange for us doing a video with them the deal was that they would do one with us.

It took a lot of planning but we finally settled on a cooking video. I had one team and Imani had the other.

We had borrowed a kitchen space from a nearby community building that was big enough for us to film at. With so many people it wouldn't have worked in our small apartment.

"Alright how are we deciding teams?" Imani asked after getting cameras and equipment set up. "I hadn't even thought about that." I admitted before looking between everyone. "You take whoever you want on your team." I said to her. "You're the youngest so you can go first." I said strictly.

"I'll take Vik, Tobi, and Ethan." She said quickly, the boys laughing as she grabbed onto Vikk. "I'll take the rest of the boys then." I said with a soft groan. "You better listen to me." I said while my eyes landed on both Harry and JJ. "Why are you looking at me for?!" JJ yelled, throwing his hands up. "Man fuck you I'm a great cook." He said laughing, the boys next to him protesting against him.

It wouldn't be a Sidemen cooking video without mess. I should've expected it if I was being honest but it turned out more chaotic than usual. My team ended up winning though in surprise, I think it had a lot to do with Josh keeping the team afloat and Harry actually knowing a little bit what he was doing.

"Thank you for coming and filming with us today, means a lot." I said to the boys after we got cleaned up. "don't thank us makes me feel weird." Ethan joked as he hugged me tightly.

"We're friends after all."

• • •

this chapter was rewritten on june 18th, 2021

song of the chapter: saw you in a dream by the japanese house