Chapter One

Day two of school down, now it was time for some fishing with my brother. This was a daily routine in my family, school then fishing when it's warm. School then hunting when it's hunting season. I got in my 1983 Chevrolet and drove home, my friend Josh was coming with us today and I was excited.

"Let's go over here." I told Josh when we got to the pond behind our house.

I wasn't going to lie, I did have a little crush on Josh but I'd never tell anyone that. I didn't want to mess up our friendship.

"Got one!" My brother, Thomas, told us.

"Shut up, show off." I laughed.

Back to Josh, he was all things country and more. He was an amazing guy, any girl would be lucky to have him. He wouldn't go for just any girl though, he told me he wasn't going to waste his best years on pointless relationships. Which I totally agreed with. Josh wasn't hard on the eyes, he looked amazing. He always wore blue jeans with some logger boots and mostly white shirts, topping them off with a plaid shirt. Josh graduated about two years ago but we made sure we hung out the same amount we did while he was in school.

"Got one!" I smiled.

When I took the fish off the hook and put it back into the water, Josh smiled over at me.

"As much as I don't want to, I have to go Tara." Josh told me.

"Why?"

"They called me into work. I'll see you tomorrow, maybe I'll come back tomorrow to show how good I really am." He laughed and hugged me then walked away.

About an hour later Momma called us to the house to eat. Daddy was still at work like always. He worked for a tree company so he had long hours.

"I thought Josh was here?" Momma asked.

"He got called into work, said he might come by tomorrow." I told her.

After dinner I went up to my room and started my homework.

Jody: What you up to?

Me: Nothin', doing some homework. Then just going to hang around the house.

Jody: Is it cool if I come over for a while?

Me: Sure, see you when you get here.

Jody was one of my other friends, we were both in the same grade so we didn't have to worry about keeping in touch. The only problem with her was that she hated it here, she said she was moving as soon as she could and far away. She was my drinking partner, what was I going to do without her?

A little bit later Jody came into my room and instantly began pouncing on me like a two year old. I began laughing at her goofiness.

"So, why'd you want to come over?" I asked.

"Home was a bit much tonight." She told me.

I nodded, instantly knowing what she was talking about. Her parents didn't get along and all they did was yell. She just had to get away sometimes.

"You going to Bobby's party Friday night?" Jody asked as we watched 'The Outsiders' for the third time.

"Probably. Nothin' else around here to do." I smiled.

"Cool, cool. I need a night of partying after this week of school. Who knew junior year would be so frusturating already. It's only been two days." She laughed.

"I'll probably see if Josh wants to go with me, he's been working alot lately. He might need some partying too." I told her.

"Yuck Tara." She laughed.

"Oh my God, not that kind of partying!" I exclaimed while laughing.

Life around this town was amazing. No drama, no nothing and I loved it.

_______

New story!

I deleted one of my others, I hadn't had an idea for it for months.

Hopefully this one will be good!

Vote & Comment!

xoxo :)