17.

Miles Carter

"Where's my daughter!" An Asian woman who favored Mel, yelled frantically to the nurse behind the desk.

I stood up and made my way to the desk getting a better image of the woman and seen that it was indeed Mrs. Stephen.

"Hey Mrs. Stephen it's me Miles, Melanie's friend." I said.

"Oh my gosh Miles what's wrong with my baby? What happened?" She asked with fear in her voice.

"I don't know we were eating breakfast and she just fainted. She threw up yesterday but I made her take a test to see if she was pregnant but it came back negative."

"Well what are they doing now? Where is she?" She asked walking away from me.

"They're running test on her now Mrs. Stephen." I said while taking a seat. She sat next to me shaking her leg out of nervousness. "I'm sure she's fine." I said trying to comfort her.

"I hope so." She said with her eyes filling with tears.

We looked up to see the doctor rolling Mel out in a wheelchair.

"Okay Ms. Stephen we will set you're appointment for your monthly check up with the OB/GYN, be sure to take those vitamins and don't stress, it'll lead to a miscarriage." He warned her. A miscarriage? What the hell?

"Okay I won't." She responded while standing up. I looked at the doctor then at her and felt so out of place.

"Uh Melanie what the hell is goin' on?" I asked her.

"Miles I'm pregnant." She said looking deeply into my eyes. I think I lost all senses at that moment. She's pregnant? How? We took a test and it came back negative.

"Nah that can't be. How are you pregnant Melanie? You said that test came back negative last night."

"Miles it was a mistake if it came back negative but the good thing is that I'm 4 weeks." She smiled referring to the last time we had sex since last night. That still didn't change anything.

"Melanie we need to talk, in private." I said while grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

"What's the problem?" She asked rubbing her arm nervously.

"Uh how you pregnant? I mean you took a test are they sure you're pregnant?" I asked still appalled that she's pregnant.

"Yeah they're a hundred percent positive that I'm pregnant with our baby." She said with a 'duh' expression.

"What's the problem?" I asked scrunching my face.

"I can't be pregnant right now I have important things to do." She said barely above a whisper.

"Well you not getting a abortion so that's out the fucking picture but are you sure it's mine since you said you and that other nigga fucked too."

"Yeah I mean I was on the pill I must've forgot to take it or something." She sighed while rubbing her forehead.

"Well congrats to us." I said in an unenthusiastic tone. I'm not upset I'm just in shock. I've been dating her for a month and she's already pregnant.

"So that's how you feel?" She asked shaking her head.

"Melanie this shouldn't have happened at all you shouldn't be pregnant right now." I said while rubbing my hand over my face.

I looked at her to see her with a facial expression that read she was hurt and was about to cry.

"Oh. Okay. If that's how you feel." She said wiping a tear away. I didn't mean to hurt her.

"Melanie bab-"

"Don't touch me, Miles." She yelled while snatching her arm away aggressively and had everyone turning their heads to look at us.

"Listen to me mela-"

"NO! You were talking like if I were pregnant just yesterday that you would be happy and now today it was a mistake? Go to hell." She said through clenched teeth. She walked away with her mother leaving me there.

"AGHHH." I yelled out in anger. I feel so stupid right now. I just let whatever slip out of my mouth without thinking. I stormed out of the hospital and got into my car.

The drive home was silent without Melanie since I had to think about what I've done. I hope she comes back to me.

Melanie Stephen

"Mom I feel horrible." I cried as I sat drinking green tea with her.

"Oh honey what do you mean?" She asked taking a sip from hers.

"I'm pregnant and I'm still not sure who the father is. I was messing around with Jayceon and Miles and I just feel so stupid." I cried more.

"Oh no." She gasped. My mother didn't raise me like this so I felt disappointed to tell her that. "이 일이 될 수 없다. (This can not be happening.)" She spoke in her native language.

"정말 미안 엄마입니다. (I am so sorry.)" I said still crying hoping that she'd forgive me.

"Melanie how could you make such a careless mistake like this? It was okay for you to have fun, hell you're grown! But something like this you should've been more careful honey." She said while standing up.

"I know ma I should've been careful."

"What do you think you're father is going to say about this?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"No! Please don't tell him."

"He's going to find out some kind of way. You know how I feel about lying Melanie."

"I know but please I'll tell him just not today." I said drying my face.

"Okay I won't, but Melanie I still can't believe you're pregnant!" She said with a smile.

"You're happy?" I asked confused.

"Yes I'm happy I'm going to have a grandbaby. We'll get through this okay?" She said coming over to me and giving me a warm embrace. She kissed my forehead and I just felt all the worries disappear for a split second. There is nothing like a hug coming from your mama.

"I love you mama." I said trying to hold back tears.

"I love you too baby." She said as her voice sounded like it was cracking. I felt myself beginning to cry all over again, I can't wait to tell magic.