05 | Reunited and It Feels No Good?

Start from the beginning

Like before, Monica brushed it off with a shrug. How strange was this turning out?

David's father let out a loose laugh and motioned the waiter to start serving the food. As we got our plates, I noticed the apologetic look Logan gave me. I smiled lightly to encourage him that I would be fine. However, the more I sat here, the more I felt like I shouldn't have came.

I felt Mrs. Monica Valentino's eyes stabbing through me during the dinner. When Bryce's mom finally decided to look back down at her food, Vanessa shot me a what-the-fuck-is-her-problem? look. I forced on another smile to indicate that it wasn't a big deal.

During the dinner, Logan and David's parents would begin talking, but it would shortly die out after Bryce's mother would speak. I was never judgmental towards people upon the first meeting, but I couldn't help it.

What a killjoy.

Luckily, Bryce's father was the complete opposite. I couldn't imagine how Bryce would manage if his father also carried the same attitude as his mother.

My mind couldn't focus on the food no matter how delicious it was. I wanted to look up and see Bryce. I couldn't believe that he was the delivery boy I was ogling about. Turned out he was nothing but rude. It was disappointing. Towards the end of our dinner, I finally glanced up to take in a glass of water.

Instead, I found Bryce staring at me.

His voice came out strong. "You know, you look familiar."

Logan entered in, puzzled, "You've met Maisie?"

Bryce said after he swallowed another bite, "Seems like it unless I'm mistaken."

Since he kind of recognized me, I thought it would do no harm to jog his memory and nodded. "Yeah, weren't you the one who delivered some produce to our market?"

Right after that, Bryce's mother suddenly choked on whatever she was eating. Our eyes went on her, and Bryce's father handed her a glass of water. Once she recovered, Monica Valentino wiped her lips with her napkin.

She roared, "Delivery? What's she talking about, Bryce?"

Bryce's eyes widened at his mother's question.

Oh no.

He shook his head and countered, "Don't know. Never mind, you aren't the same girl."

His mother was in disbelief and said, "Don't you lie to me. Was this during the time you said you'd work on the arrangements, but you didn't? Bryce Valentino—"

Bryce's father interrupted, "Honey, this isn't the right time to be talking about this especially with guests here."

Bryce then cleared his throat and said, "I need to be excused."

His eyes quickly met mine. I now remembered why I was attracted to those eyes. The blue in them were so light compared to the dark hues the other Valentino males had. Bryce used his head to point towards the door.

"You. Come with me."

As I gave an apologetic look to Logan and the Valentino's for the sudden departure, I followed him out the door. Even Vanessa appeared worried for me. A shiver ran up my spine hearing Bryce's mother demand her son to come back as he shut the doors. Her voice was still bouncing off the walls.

In the midst of all of this, Bryce suddenly surrounded me. My back was against the wall as the palms of his hands were pushing the wall. He was so close, causing my heart thumped.

Bryce shook his head, his voice smooth to the ear. "You don't know how much trouble I'm in now. Thanks to you."

I quickly retorted even though I was becoming breathless from the sight of him, "Hey, it wasn't my fault. You're the one insisting that you've seen me before."

Sighing from the uncomfortable position, I then demanded, "So, could you please stop acting like you're about to jump me, and give me a little space?"

Bryce motioned an inch closer to mine. I gulped, taking in that captivating face. It was attraction all over again.

He smirked and taunted, "What if I don't want to?"

I was about to punch him until he finally backed away with a satisfied smile. Bryce's reaction was enough to verify that he knew that he managed to allure me with his annoying yet attractive face.

He took a good look at me and said, "I have to watch out for you. Wait no, you should watch out for me since I need to get back at you for getting me in trouble."

Folding my arms, I complained, "How the hell would I know that you'd get in trouble for being a delivery boy?"

"I don't know if you noticed, worker, but my family owns a big company here. It's unlikely to see their sons making deliver to little markets, you know."

Biting my tongue, I knew he was right. So why did he even do it in the first place? Before I could even ask, Logan stepped out from the room.

Logan raised his dark eyebrows and asked, "What's going on?"

Neither of us answered. I was still completely speechless from all of this.

After a long gap of silence, Bryce released a crooked grin at his cousin and cleared up the confusion, "Nothing, man."

Then, Bryce turned his attention back to me and said, "Pleased to meet you by the way. I'm Bryce Valentino. I'll be seeing you around."

✿       ✿       ✿

"Vanessa, I can't believe that it's him!"

I was lying on my comfy bed, ranting on my phone. Vanessa, on the other line, couldn't believe everything either. Just knowing that the delivery boy was one of the Valentino's made me believe that this was truly a small world. Not only that, but he was a jerk with a devil mother.

Vanessa said, "That's impossible! He's so unlike David and Logan, but did you see his mom? No wonder, right?"

Her words made me stifle a laugh. It was true though.

I shivered and said, "She's so scary. I already know that she doesn't like me."

"It's because she's a bitch. I'm sure everyone there could agree, even her husband. Anyway, Bryce seems intense. The way he just took you away like that. His mom was going crazy. Oh, David told me some deets bout' your delivery boy, want to know?"

All I knew was that Bryce Valentino was a jerk personally. Maybe that was all I needed to know. However, I couldn't help but say yes.

"Okay, so Bryce is the last one to be born in the same year of the three. Apparently, he's most likely to become CEO first. David did say that Bryce could come off as blunt sometimes but, something like we'd have to understand his position with his parents. Bryce is always expected to do his absolute best, especially with his evil mom. But hear this, Bryce goes to the same school as me, but he rarely attends because of all the work that's put onto him."

I muttered, "He's like the perfect kid for the family."

Vanessa chuckled and said, "You could say that, but the amount of stress he's given is more than what David and Logan has to go through. From the way I see it, at least they get to experience life more."

As much as I didn't want to admit, Vanessa had a point.

I sighed. "I see what you mean, but he wasn't what I pictured. I was just expecting an everyday delivery boy, not a future CEO of a huge company."

Bryce Valentino surely knew the right time to push himself back into my life.

Gee, thanks jerk.