Chapters Twenty-Five & Twenty-Six

Okay, so I've put these two chapters together because an interesting point was made.  So these two really short chapters will be together, as well as all other short chapters. I hope you guys enjoy. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think as well as vote and fan. :3

 25

     “Relax Mikha,” I hastily said.

     “Why should I? You’ve betrayed my trust for the last time! I should kill you for leaving Joei alone, especially when she was in danger,” he growled.

     “I didn’t have a choice.”

     “You had a choice and you chose to run. Why the hell did they choose you to protect her?!”

     “I did not ask to babysit her!”

     “You think this is babysitting? This is about protecting Joei.”

     Really, I thought otherwise.”

     “If this isn’t what you want, then leave it to the people who actually care about her,” Mikha spat.

     That stung a bit. “What makes you think I don’t care?”

     “It seems that way.”

     “I prefer to be her friend. I was told that friendship didn’t matter as long as she was safe. Joei and I used to play all the time. The memories we made together have been cleared from her mind but not from mine. I miss the fun and friendship we had. Just because I don’t want to watch her every move doesn’t mean I don’t care. I want to hang out and relax without constantly being under the pressure of keeping her safe,” I said.

     “Think about what you just said Meghan. Everything pertained to you and how you felt. Try thinking about Joei sometime. And if you know who killed Cole, fess up. I’m not averse to killing you but I’d prefer to keep the pack’s as well as my own hands clean,” he said softly.

     I shivered. Mikha’s words were deadly. I knew if he found out I was watching James, I would never see Joei again, or the light of day for that matter. Her safety meant more to me than he or the leaders knew. But heeding his warning, I sighed and removed myself from his presence.

26

     My blood boiled as I recalled Meghan’s words. She was acting like a child, demanding things that would satisfy her. It made me sick. I hated that I was forced to work with her. This was not the first time we’ve worked with a traitor but it would definitely be my last. No matter what I would keep Joei safe, even if it killed me.

            No longer relaxed, I got up from the bed.  Letting my anger take over, I quickly made my way out of Joei’s home. I needed to talk to the guys. After the problems Meghan caused, I knew Joei needed more protection than I’d thought. If that traitor wasn’t going to help then, then I’d make sure she has nothing to do with her.

            When I reached my house, I called the pack. After informing them of the conversation, I set up the new schedule.

            “So does this mean we have longer hours?”

            “No. I’ll be with her most of the time but even I need backup.”

            “Why not involve Zach?”  Carson asked.

            “I was going to talk to him later. I’m pretty sure he’d offer his assistance anyway.”

            “Are you going to tell Joei about this?”

            “No Fulton. Joei isn’t even aware that I know Zach. If I were to tell her, she’d know something’s up,” I replied. “No one is to mention him to her.”

            “Is that an order boss?”

            “Yeah, it is. Keep Joei out of the loop on this one.”

            “Okie dokie boss man. Quick question though.”

            “Shoot.”

            “This is Joei we are talking about. She’s a smart girl. Don’t you think she’ll find out?”

            “Not if none of you slip up and say something pertaining to this.”

            “Gotcha then. Well when do we start?”

            “When she and her dad get back home. For the most part you don’t have to be on high alert but stay focused,” I stated.

            “Of course. Do you have that little faith in us Mikha?”

            I laughed. “I have faith in all of you guys but when it comes to Joei, I like to be very careful.”

            “If you say so.”

            “So let’s go,” Josh exclaimed.

            With that, we all took off in the direction of Joei’s house.

So what did you guys think? I hope you guys are able to tell who's POVs these are. If not just comment me. Don't forget to vote and fan. :3

-BryttBrutal