A- Arrested

ARRESTED ("This is the worst thing you've ever done")

Alec was having a good day, a great day before he got home. Autumn was his favourite time of the year, as it meant warm sweaters, hot drinks and cuddling with Magnus on the sofa.
His day had gone really well, and he'd managed to get a lot of work done and catch up with Izzy, who had been away with Clary for a week.

He was looking forward to getting back to the loft; Magnus had mentioned plans to go out and enjoy the crisp autumn afternoon. As Alec walked the familiar route home, his mind got distracted by the colours of the leaves and the way that he could imagine Magnus against them, the brown of his skin and the gold of his eyes made even more magical above a carpet of reds and oranges.

Magnus opened the door wearing a long brown coat and some tight jeans that had Alec blushing.
"Hey, angel." Magnus said, leaning against the door frame. "Wanna go on a walk?"
Alec would probably do anything that Magnus asked him to.
Holding hands in the cold sunlight, they chatted and made their way to the park, where the autumn leaves were swirling around their ankles.

"Hey, why don't you wait here, and I'll grab some coffee from that stall?" Magnus suggested as they walked past a bench. Alec looked up at him gratefully, and Magnus almost felt bad for lying to him.

Almost.

Making sure that nobody was watching him, including his boyfriend, he waved his hand and conjured the megaphone that had left hidden at the flat. He cleared his throat and turned the switch on.
"Alexander Lightwood."
The megaphone boomed loudly, causing both Alec and the surrounding people to all look at him.

"Alec, we've been dating for almost three years now, and you are the most important thing that has ever walked into my life. I never thought that I would find love, let alone deserve it, and that all changed when you appeared. I love you with every fibre of my being. Alec, will you marry me?"

Alec looked shocked, and Magnus bent down on one knee and reached into his pocket, bringing out a ring.
A nearby lady grabbed the man with her and sighed.
Magnus grinned at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Magnus, of course I'll marry you, you idiot." Alec exclamed, kissing him. The gathered crowd burst into cheers and applause.

Magnus was doing his best to pretend he wasn't about to cry with happiness when a man tapped him on the shoulder. Reluctantly he pulled away from Alec, and looked up at the giant of a man. He was bald, muscular, and must have been around seven feet tall. Magnus gulped.
"Is there a problem?" he asked.
The man grunted. "Actually, yes. Do you have a permit for that megaphone?"
Magnus blinked. "A permit."
"Yes."
"For a megaphone."
"Yes."
Magnus frowned. "Megaphones need permits?"
"I'm going to take that as a no." The man said, and reached into his pocket, bringing out a pair of handcuffs. "In which case, you're under arrest."

Magnus' jaw dropped.
"You can't arrest him for proposing!" Alec exclaimed angrily. "Let him go!"
The man read Magnus his rights, whilst he stood there, in shock. He supposed that he could magically free himself, but the crowd watching them had grown larger now, and it wasn't really worth the risk.
"Fight for his honour!" a random woman shouted, and before Magnus could warn Alec, he was already swinging a punch towards the massive man.

Shadowhunter blood ran through Alec's viens, making him much stronger than an average human, so when the man caught his punch, Magnus didn't know who was more surprised; him or his boyfriend.
The man sighed and brought out another pair of handcuffs. "And you're under arrest for attempt assult."

"This is the worst thing you've ever done." Alec said as they waited, handcuffed in the police station.
"Me?" Magnus asked incredulously. "I only tried to propose. You're the one who tried to fight a werewolf cop."
Alec frowned. "Well, he was trying to arrest you on stupid charges."
A policewoman walked into the room where they were being held. "You." she said, pointing at Alec. "What did you say your name was?"
Alec sighed. "Alexander Lightwood."

The woman scoffed. "Yeah, well thats clearly a fake name. We have a database, love. There's no Lightwoods in New York."
Alec frowned. "Can I speak to Officer Luke Garroway?"
The lady flicked a braid out of her eyes. "Whatever. As for you, it's unfortunate that your crimanal tendancies have returned. We're going to have to keep you here. It would have only been a fine for the megaphone, but with the other charges, we're looking at maybe twelve years in prison."
Magnus winced. "So Alec, there's a small chance that this is not my first time being arrested..."
Alec closed his eyes. "Oh God, I don't even want to know, okay?"

After the policewoman had left the room they were being held in, Alec sighed dramatically.
"I've changed my mind. I'd rather know about any crimes now rather than later."
Magnus swallowed. "Okay, so there was this one time where I got in a fight, and I might have had a career as a cat burglar at one point and there might be a totally incorrect thing in my file about prostetution..."
"I'm getting married to a criminal." Alec said to nobody in particular, just as Luke walked into the holding room.

"Wait, you guys are getting married?"