Chapter 1: It's a Start

Error's POV
     Again. He thought. Again. No. That's not right. No! Curse these stupid needles!
Click
     They keep slipping!
Click
     And now his strings are in knots!
Click
     He felt a finger tap the crown of his skull. Great.
Click
     "Hey, Error! What's that you're making? *gasp!* Is It a hat?!"
Click
     Shoot. It's Ink. How was he going to surprise him now. Not that it was much of a 'sewprise' to begin with. Error smiled at his pun.
Click
     "nO! Go AwAy, InK. I'M trYinG to COncEntrate aND yOur iNTeRRogaTiOn doEs no heLP," Error barked.
Click
     Ink sighed sadly behind him. Error wished he didn't have to push him away, but it was for the best. Besides, if Ink figured out what the glitch was going to give him for Valentine's Day, then what good will it do for him to call it a surprise if it wasn't from the very start.
Click
     This was getting excruciatingly more frustrating than he had planned. Why was knitting so hard for him?!
Click
     Error could hear receding footsteps behind him. He took a deep breath. Good. Ink was gone. Now he wouldn't have to worry about putting any lingering change into that swear jar Ink carried around with him. Most of the contents probably came from UnderFell. To be more specific, Fell Sans. Or Fell, you know. For short.
Click
     Error slammed the knotted needles to the floor, anger searing the flesh right off of him. God bless his jokes today. Error was on a role.
     Turning back, Error spotted a sullen Ink step into the slashed opening to exit the anti-void. Now Error had to go apologize. Not that it was a problem. He just felt bad after he hurt is friend's feelings.
      His crush..... No! Stop it Error. You know not to think like that anymore. No more acknowledging emotions. Those stupid chemicals sending stimulated messages to his brain. God..... He was spending way too much time with Sci. Why did he even go to that dimension anyways? It was so boring there.
     Error reached out, and picked up the needles. The thin, golden, over-exaggerated pins were swindled together by the thin strands of yarn. Taking a deep breath, Error slipped the already looped string off the needles and started anew.
Click
     Knotted. Again.
Click
     Error slammed his foot against the pale blankness of the floor to his home, and shouted as loud as he could, "F**k aLL Of ThiS! i'M hEAdin tO GrilLBY's!" and stormed off into any possible dimension closest to him.

Ink's POV
     Entering UnderFell, gloomy Ink wandered about searching for Fell Sans. Better known as Fell. The guy sorta 'fell' into the nickname. Smiling, Ink promised himself to tell that one to Error when he could.
     Thinking of his friend seemed to put Ink in an even darker mood. This most certainly wasn't healthy for him.
     "Hey, Inky~."
     Ink jumped, and spun around to where he knew the AU stood. Fell was there, smirking down at him with a bone chilling gleam in his eyes. Or Ink was just cold.
     Fell seemed cozy, like when a recent flurry hit and you would drink warm milk on the front porch with that all too familiar glimmer of freshly fallen snow and your best friend curled up next to you. Either Fell had a horrible day and was excited to rant about it like he usually did to Ink, or Blueberry visited recently.... Probably the first one. Surely a little guy like Blue couldn't brighten up Fell's day with one visit. Right?
     "Hello Fell. You seem chipper than usual. Had a good day today?"
     The slight warmth radiating off of Fell vanished to the vicious, cold hearted AU Ink had created him to be.
     "Oh yes, I had the greatest day in the world!" Fell's words dripped with sarcasm and the moment he finished the sentence, a scowl formed over the skeleton's lips. If he had any. Ink's eyes travelled across the AU's features. From the crack tracing down his skull to the shimmering golden tooth implanted into his jaw. Ink always sensed a slight ferocity to him. Only Blueberry could see the teddy bear tucked inside. He wished he could see Fell like that.
     Ink silently reminded himself to talk to Blue about that. Maybe he could visit him next! Realizing Fell was staring at him funny, Ink asked him if anything was wrong.
     "Just that the idiot in front of me has no f**king idea what I just asked him." Fell jerked his hands to his mouth, and knowing what came next, he reached back in his pockets to snag any spare gold he had hanging about in his pockets. Fell handed Ink the usual payment for one curse word. Ink shook his head.
     "Fell, twice the many swears, twice the many coins. C'mon, you know this," and Fell glared at Ink.
     "Ink, idiot isn't even close to my most sh**iest words. Cut me some slack." Fell face palmed and Ink rattled the jar. Make that four~, Ink thought as Fell reached into his pockets and pulled out the final few coins abandoned and formerly forgotten by the AU.
     "Why do I even try. You and Blue are going to get me broke," Fell scowled. It was probably true. But Fell was going to learn not to swear. Ink might even equip Swap Paps and maybe a few other Sanses with swear jars. If Fell ever tried to do it again while either Blue or Ink weren't around, well, he'd get the message eventually. He was sure.
     "*sigh* Fell, all you do is dig a deeper hole for yourself. I'm trying to help you. And so is Berry." Fell scowled at Ink for a moment, before muttering,

          "Like the one you have with Error...."
     "What was that?" Fell smirked and waved Ink off.
     "Nothing, nothing...." The bitter AU Sans trailed off, turning his skull slightly away from the creator.
     Ink gazed at Fell inquisitively. He was a sketchy one, he'll give him that, but.... He could be pretty nice. Saving Ink's mind from any negativity he may have whispered. It was sweet of him to think of the creator's innocence. Turning, Ink prepared himself to paint a way to the UnderSwap timeline.
     "H-hey Ink? S-sorry. I get you're..... Trying to help, soooo thanks. I guess.." Fell pursed his lipless lips in self-defeat. Staring off into some unknown object. Ink smiled at him. Such a sweetheart, but Blue or Stretch would know better.
     "It's alright. No need to apologize. I think I'll bring something over for you as a sorry for always taking your money," Ink winked at Fell, who quirked a non existent eyebrow at the creator and asked,
     "What type of something?" Fell questioned suspiciously.
     Ink giggled and turned away from Fell.
     "We'll see. But I'm sure I'll 'Mustard' enough gold to buy you something. Maybe a date with Blue to Grillby's. Just to be neutral with me," Ink hinted at his friend. He heard a laugh from behind him.
     "Ink, sometimes.... I just don't know whether I want to knock ya upside the head or f**k ya. Ugh! Sorry. Just... Forget I ever said that." Laughing, Ink splashed a beautiful shade of green. Similar to that of pine needles, yet incredulously different. An iron grip tightened around Ink's forearm, halting him from vanishing from UnderFell.
     "H-hey. I-Ink? Promise... Promise you'll make sure Blue and Stretch are all right? Stretch seemed a little angsty. And Blue... He wasn't acting his happy go-lucky way. S-so, keep an eye out for them? More than usual. Promise?"  Fell was flushed with a more scarlet shade than Ink had ever seen. He smiled at his friend, and nodded.
     "Promise." Fell smiled, and let go, freeing Ink to leap through the portal.
Straight to UnderSwap, we go, Ink thought.

     And Ink felt his soul being torn right out of his rib cage.