T H I R T Y F I V E

I don't think there was any good way of explaining how I was feeling while riding in that truck on the way to Hilltop. It was just...nerve racking. In the least.

I rode in the passenger seat with Negan while Rick was in the bed of the truth with Maggie... I didn't think it was a good idea for anyone to ride beside Negan. I constantly was looking through the back window to see if they were alright. Rick would give me a slight nod or a quick thumbs up. I would go back to nervously chewing on my nails, looking ahead.

I am pretty sure I told Negan at least twenty times to slow down. I was scared we would go too fast for Maggie to handle.

"Slow down!...just a little?" I said sheepishly to Negan.

He raised his hands up in defense and raised his eyebrows. I then yelled at him for taking his hands off the wheel.

It was like this for hours it seemed. It felt like we were driving a never ending road. I knew I wouldn't have any nails left to chew on by the end up this.

Negan slapped my arm, causing me to flinch. "Stop that shit." He barked. "It's a bad habit."

I just rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. I then felt Negan's hand on my lap, making me flinch again. He rubbed my leg comfortingly, squeezing it slightly.

"You'll be fine...and I'm sure she will be too." He sighed. "Alright?" He said reassuringly. I didn't say anything. "Alright?" He said again, more loudly.

I hesitated before nodding. He kept his hand on my leg for the ride. I still continued to bite my finger nails.

~~•••~~

"Hey! Open the fuck up!" I heard Negan yelling as Rick and I helped walk Maggie to the gate.

"Negan..." I muttered to myself, earning a chuckle from Rick.

The gate opened right up, a few people greeting Negan. An older man with gray hair came strolling over to us.

"What do you want, Negan...we have already given you all we have for this week." He said bitterly.

"You have a doctor. We have someone for you to fix." Negan said bluntly, propping Lucille on his shoulder.

The man looked at Rick and I holding Maggie up. He then looked back to Negan. "What's in it for us?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Negan looked down, laughing, scratching his forehead with one finger. He brought Lucille down from his shoulder, twirling it in his hand. "You do it or you get a kiss from Lucille-" I stopped him before he could say anything else.

"Three weeks free from any payment..." I blurted out. "From any visits..."

Negan looked at me as if I was out of my mind. "Hell no, you don't call shots around here, baby girl." He scoffed.

"I do right now..." I snapped at him. I would probably get it later from him, but Maggie and the baby were more important. "Please, let us see the doctor here. She is pregnant." I pleaded to the man.

He looked skeptical. "Three weeks, no visits..." The man said finally.

Negan was about to say no again, but stopped himself. He rolled his eyes, and nodded.

"Okay...this way." The man said, starting to walk.

"The things I do for you..." Negan mumbled as I walked past him with Maggie.

I shook my head.

--------------------

Two 500 characters today to make up for being gone so long. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be gone for so long. With school and other stuff popping up its hard. I just got over some really rough crap with a guy and I really didn't feel like writing about love or anything. I attempted to write but it was all really depressing. A lot of my emotions get twisted with my chapters and its hard. 10K was a happy thing to get back to though. Thankies.