Chapter 6

Hello lovelies!

You know what would really make me happy? Votes, comments, or just a sign that you all exist.. I don't know, I'm just so lonely...

So the person that I dedicated this chapter to is absolutely amazing and has helped me with a lot of problems that I've had, and taught me the word fangasm that I now use all the time.

Enjoy xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's Pov

I don't really know why I stayed in front of the door after telling Niall that we had to leave soon. I don't know why I even came to tell him in the first place. I was so scared of him, and I could have had any of the other boys do it, but something about Niall just draws me to him. 

At first there hadn't been any noise on the other side, but eventually I heard a groan and I knew that he had heard me. I just stayed there, listening. I think it's because I'm still worried that he's going to hurt himself again. He's still one of my best friends, and even if he shuts me out, I have to look out for him.

The door suddenly swung open, and my eyes widened. Niall looked like he had been..crying? His eyes were red and puffy, and his hair was all over the place. He looked at me, and I hung my head, cheeks burning. I braced myself for him to push himself past me, mumbling some curse words, but he didn't. It was silent for a few seconds before I slowly raised my head to see him looking down at the floor too. What? I quickly realized that he was just waiting for me to move, and I did, jumping out of his way like he was royalty and I was just some peasant. I almost bowed to him also. Styles, what is going through your head right now?

He walked by, not saying a word, and I gaped at his retreating back. I think that's the first time he hasn't insulted me in one way or another in months. I could only hope that this is a good sign and that maybe, just maybe I can bring back the Niall we all used to know. 

I slowly composed myself, walking outside to where the van was waiting. I looked inside to see Niall in the very back, in his usual spot, with his earbuds plugged in. He was looking out the window, and just like the other day, the same bizarre thought struck me: Niall is adorable. Especially in times like these, when he looks so innocent and vulnerable. 

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of the thought. I don't think he's adorable, I don't. I mean, sure, he's considered one of the most attractive people in the world, but I do not fancy him. It's just those fanfictions getting to my head again. I smiled to myself, some of those are really ridiculous. 

"Uh, Harry, are you okay mate?" I snapped out of my thoughts to see Louis looking at me with a strange expression. I was confused for a minute, but then realized that I was still standing outside the van, shaking my head and smiling. That could be considered a bit strange I guess. 

"Yeah, sorry." I climbed in and sat next to Louis who turned his attention back towards his phone after another strange look at me. I heard a scoff behind me, who I just assumed was Niall, and looked at the rest of the boys. They were all on their phones, Louis texting El, Zayn texting Perrie, and Liam texting Danielle who he recently got back together with. They were miserable without each other, but lately Liam has just been a big ball of sunshine because they're finally together again. I'm happy for them, I like Dani a lot more than Sophia. 

Paul started driving, to some location that we still didn't know. I just plugged in my earbuds and watched the world go by out the window. For a few hours it was silent, everyone focused on their electronics, not speaking. Ouch. Maybe this vacation will be good for us after all. We've all been sort of distant lately, mostly because our glue, Niall, fell apart, causing us all to break apart with him. Hopefully at the end of this month, we'll be closer than ever before. But I could only hope. 

Eventually, the car pulled to a stop in front of a cabin in the middle of nowhere. There were trees surrounding the area, making it hidden and secluded. Paparazzi wouldn't be able to find us, or the fans. It was perfect for hiding for a month or so. Niall didn't seem to think so though. 

"What the hell? Do you really expect us to live here for a month? Some crazy guy with a chainsaw could come and kill us and you wouldn't even know until you came to pick us up and you just saw five mangled bodies on the pathway!" He turned towards Paul while he was shouting. Paul just took let Niall express his anger, an amused expression on his features. 

"Yes, I do expect you all to live here for a month. And don't worry, we've made sure that no one will come anywhere near here. Oh, and there aren't any electronics allowed here, so hand them over." All of us just gaped at him in disbelief. No electronics for a month? What were we supposed to do the entire time? 

Grumbling, we all handed them over, Niall putting up more of a fight than the rest of us, before Paul waved goodbye and drove off, leaving us in the dust. 

Zayn, Liam, and Louis all hurried inside, probably to go claim rooms, and I was about to walk in with them, when I saw Niall just looking out at the forest, almost observing it. I took a risk and put my hand on his shoulder, sort of to make sure he was okay, and let him know that he can trust me, even if he feels like he can't trust anyone. I'm not going to force him into telling me anything, but I want to help him. 

Not surprisingly, Niall immediately flinched out of my touch, eyeing me suspiciously. I sighed, dropping my hand awkwardly. We just stood there for a second, not saying anything, the tension in the air so thick that you could cut it with a knife. He just watched me, his guard up, and all I could do was look back at him, helpless. 

Like this morning, he didn't say anything insulting, or anything at all. He just walked past me. I'll count this as a good change. 

A few minutes later, I walked back inside also. When I got inside, I saw Louis in the living room, and I plopped down next to him. I took a good look around the cabin. It was actually a lot bigger than the outside revealed. It was old though, and very drafty. Kind of rustic. It was sort of a nice change from the modern city lights. Refreshing. 

"Sorry mate." Louis spoke, looking at me.

"About what?"

"There were only 4 rooms, and Zayn, Liam, and I kind of claimed 3 of them. So you're with Niall." 

He was probably expecting me to be mad about that, saying that we should have given him a room of his own, and Lou and I could have shared. But honestly, weren't we here to help Niall? 

"Okay." I smiled at him before getting up and heading towards my room. I'm sure that his expression is one of shock, but I didn't look back to make sure. 

I walked into my room, which was actually quite large, to see Niall asleep in one of the beds. He looks so cute, I just want to go over to him and snuggle with him and hold him in my arms, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Ugh, I need to get these unnecessary thoughts out of my head. Even if I did fancy him, which I don't, he would never like me back. He's straight as a ruler, and the proof is in all those women he brings home every night. 

I shook my head and walked over to the other bed, mine, and dropped my suitcase on the ground before climbing into the bed. I'll unpack tomorrow. I let sleep slowly take over, thoughts of Niall clouding my dreams.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Longest chapter yet! Whoop whoop! *does small victory dance*