Chapter FortyNine

Start from the beginning

Xavier's POV

I tense slightly at the sight of Asher being rolled into the cafeteria, hair down and not oily anymore, the hospital gown replaced with a blue silky one. The boys follow my eyes to her and send smirks my way as we watch them order, Asher at one point just looking down and stop talking. I frown slightly as she say something to her mom, seeming bothered by something and I catch the eyes of her mother." Aren't you going to go talk to your girlfriend Xavier?"
"Asher's not my girlfriend. I don't have one. And never will."
"So you don't have a problem if I go talk to the two?" Stone asks and I squint at him as he stands up and walks towards them. I scowl at the back of his head, knowing how he is with young girls. Stones the gang member that every stereotypes as us all as. Just plain wrong and has no morals. If anything has a hole and just the tiny but attractive, he'll go for it. He's a walking pedophile and I can't wait until the day he tricks the wrong teenage girl into falling for him and he gets thrown into jail. He's just a liability in the gang anyways.
I watch as Asher's partly scowls at him, the expression of her clearly not liking someone coming to. Her brows furrow even more as she looks down at her casts foot and I raise up, before walking over to them.
"I totally disagree. Both of you are very attractive women who-"
"Would like you to leave. Being annoyed doesn't help my healing, sorry to disappoint."
His fists tighten as his attention goes to her and I see the glint in his eyes he begins to speak." You heard the girl stone." He tended as he turns and looks at me. His facial expression gone blank from the sound of my voice. I scowl down at him and say," Go."
I send him a warning with my eyes and flashes up out of his seat, apologizing and saying his goodbyes. I turn to Asher's mother and ask," Can Asher and I talk for a moment?"
"Of course just stay where I can see the two of you. Her father would kill me if he found I let you two roam around."
I fight a smile at Asher's overprotective parents and say," Sure thing mam."
I get behind her and begin to push out of the cafeteria. I look down at her, imagining the live that go through both of her parents eyes when they see her. She's lucky, but I don't hold that against her. I want her to live a life most of us want." Have you been outside yet?" I ask her as I lead her out the front doors, making sure to go right so her mother can see us through the window. I don't promise something and not do it. She takes a deep breath and I glance up to see Blade and a few others hanging out by the cars in the parking lot, all to distracted to notice the two of us.
She looks at all the flowers that we pass and smiles slightly when I stop us at the small garden of flowers and take a seat on the bench.
I sigh and look at the flowers in front of us, not knowing what to do or how to start this out." How much longer until you get out of the hospital?"
"Five days exactly. Why?"
"Just wanting to know how much longer I have to hang out with you. Asher.. Once you leave the hospital, we can't talk anymore. And preferably when the boys aren't here either. It's nothing to do with you, or any embarrassment, it's just it puts you in a place you don't want to be in. Like Stone in there, I know you didn't like speaking with him and the boys knowing you, will make more things like that happen. And I don't want some of the boys I'm friends with knowing your in this hospital, having a chance to go in your room."
"I get it. It's understandable. Plus we most likely wouldn't of saw each other after this anyways."
I'll be seeing you everyday Asher... Well, in like a month." So you understand? Your not mad or anything?"
She nods, smiling slightly." Yeah I get it. And no I'm not mad. I wouldn't want my friends knowing about you either. They could shank you to death with the corner of their school books. Savages I tell you."
I smile slightly wondering if she pictures 'dork' Xavier as one of those people coming after me with a book." I'll steer clear."
"Good because I don't want a law suit on my hands."
"Your hand. One is out of order right now."
She rolls her eyes and shoves me slightly, her small effort not making my budge." Whatever Mr.I only wear wife beaters."
"Are you making fun of my outfit today?" I ask looking down at my ripped jeans, wife beater and combat boots.
"Yes."
I squint at her and look down at her robe. I begin to say something about it but the words stop in my throat when I actually look at it. The fabric clings and hangs off her at the right parts, the neck hanging down slightly giving me a glimpse of her lacy white bra, the gown reaching just a little shorter than her mid thigh. How can someone make a hospital gown look so sexy? I stop myself from grunting as the familiar pressure comes to me again from the day we had painted the library." You-well you don't look so fancy either with that armor on your leg." I look away and scold at myself for sounding so idiotic and dorkish. Where the fuck did that sentence even come from?"
"My armor makes me look like a true badass. Your armor just makes you look like a tumblr guy."
I sigh before looking back at her, making sure to keep my eyes up at her face. There's no need to torture myself by looking down again, especially if I couldn't do anything about it if I was to want to try something. We're in the parking lot of a hospital, her mom watching us from the cafeteria, and she's seventy five percent out of order right now." No, I'm actually quiet a bad ass as well. I'm in a gang."
"That not being so surprising. And kind of obvious."
"Obvious? What made it so obvious?"
"Well one of your friend over there is a pimp. Almost everyone is covered in tattoos and piercings. And you all are all clustered together like you might have some sort of dance off at any moment."
"Dance off?" Her cheeks color slightly and I chuckle under my breath." Yeah, we have dance battles all time. Our gang is all about that high school musical life."
"We're all in this together!" She laughs slightly and I force my eyes to stay on her unshaking body part right now." That's my movie. It speaks to me on a religious level."
"Really? Well next time I visit you I'll bring the movie and we can have a sleepover. Girls night."
"Oh my gosh yes! If teach you the dances if I weren't handicapped at the moment."
"You can still teach me them, I'll keep you up."
"Cool beans bro. We be thugging it with those jazz hands and shit."
I let out a loud genuine laugh, my shoulders shaking and my stomach vibrating from the sound, as I cover my mouth with a finger not stopping the sound from leaving me,The guys glance our way as my eyes begin to water with tears, the sound being even foreign to me. I look at her again, her arms being folded over her chest to the best of her ability, her head tilted back as she puckers her lips, and her eyes looking at me over her nose." That was adorable."
"Yo B, you calling my girl cute? Say it again and I'll pop the trunk on yo bitch ass."
I hold onto my stomach as it begins to cramp, and my head tilts back filling the parking lot with my deep laughter." Stop, stop. None of us say anything like that."
She smiles at me, a laugh coming from her as well as I wipe the tears from my eyes." Aww, is the little gang member crying? I didn't scare you that bad did I?"
"I was terrified for my life." I says as I catch my breath and run a hand through my hair." We should probably get you back to your mom, I say your food is ready."
"Your lucky I didn't have my crew with me."
"What's your name? That way I can tell everyone there's a new group of bad asses in town?" I ask her as I go behind her again and begin to push her back to the cafeteria.
"The Knights. Because I be the leader up in this bitch."
"You sound like those gang members on horrible tv shows."
"But I have my own tv show." She says looking up at me and points at me.
"True."