Chapter 23: Annihilation

Start from the beginning

Zed stood behind the table in military stance; his arms behind his back.

I grinned and walked towards him.

Three weeks. He was in the military three weeks and already acquired the dumb cocky attitude.

“Welcome my Queen.” He went down on one knee and bowed his head deep. I gave him my hand and he pressed a kiss on it.

And a quick lick.Ha, the horny Zed was still in there.

“As always, you look spectacular. “ He commented on my outfit.

I was wearing the skin tight bodysuit for flying the mosquito and felt the need to cover up to protect my flesh for the filthy looks Zed was giving it.

“So, there was something on long range sensors?”

He nodded and pushed on the table. A touch screen console appeared and he  quickly typed in something and clicked a link.

My portrait shifted aside, showing a large flat screen that showed a radar-like image of what I supposed they picked up on sensors.

 About fifty vessels in a hexagonal pattern were travelling at high speed towards us.

"We picked them up about three hours ago. If you extrapolate their route they cross Roke territory." Zed informed me.

"Any video yet?"

"No, but we should get the first images within the hour."

Fifty vessels. And they didn't appear that big.

Zed's direct subordinates came in and we sat down. We discussed battle plans, deciding that the station and the portal were first priority. The castle could be rebuild within just a few months; we simply didn't have enough manpower to defend that as well.

I rubbed my brown, trying to think this over.

"They are only fifty ships, this worries me. They completely obliterated my fleet of thousands of hives. How can they do that with only fifty ships? It suggests that they are far more technologically advanced than us." I said to them.

Lira, one of Zed’s admirals, nodded. "I was thinking about that as well. We have not even 10% of the force as the fleet did. If the 50 destroyed the fleet, we will be completely wiped out.”

I turned to her.  “No need to despair yet. I will fight this to the bitter end. We will not go down easy.”

Zed looked worried at my statement. “My Queen, our numbers have dwindled too much already to stay dominant in the Vampiric Dimension for long. Shouldn’t we retreat and try save as many of us as possible?”

I looked down at the table. Maybe he was right. But we are vampires. We do not flee for a stronger aggressor. Instead, we bite and hold on until he gives up.

Zed continued “Furthermore, I think it was a mistake of bringing you here out in the open. It makes you too much of an easy target. And we can’t protect you sufficiently."

I nodded. “I will leave as soon as this meeting is over. How much time do you reckon before the enemy fleet reaches Earth?”

“With the speed that they are moving now…” Zed looked at Vern, one of the vampires at the table.

“They should be here in 3 hours.” Vern answered him.

“We should have a visual of them in 20 minutes.”

That reminded me. “Did the scouts come up with new information?”

Zed nodded and touched the console.