"Shut up” I ordered. My mood was slowly reaching a breaking point as I realised my cleaning job was taking longer than I ever anticipated. On top of that Arrow had been trying to annoy me all afternoon. 

A day ago, I couldn’t spare the thought of losing him or Trouble. They were in my alliance and now that we were together again it felt perfect; and I honestly wouldn’t want to change it. But as it always happens with me and Arrow, I knew it was only a matter of time one of us ruined it again by either getting captured, killed or by simply getting angry at each other.

Still, it was better than talking about yesterday’s events. It was an incredibly eventful day that’s for sure and with the death of Philip, the tribute from 6, there was only three or four of us left. I had no idea anymore, I had lost count.

I for one was worried about the fact Arrow left Bloom alive. Was he working with her? Were they now in an alliance? My curiosity was burning but at the same time so was my heart. The hunger games were a brutal reality that involved lying, cheating and backstabbing so how should he be any different? And yet, the other part of me didn’t even want to ask. It was afraid of the answer. Loving someone was the hardest thing in the world.

 “Fine, fine… You’re missing out” he jeered at me from across the room taking his time to wink at me.

I sighed loudly.

“My job is taking forever” I spent all afternoon trying but failing to use the broom properly.

“Stop complaining” Arrow chastised, chuckling to himself a little. His chuckle could make me smile on almost every occasion; however not today.

“Hmpf”

“Excuse me Scar, it’s not my fault you broke all your fingers”

“No, it’s Blooms fault” I argued. During our big battle yesterday she had tackled me really hard hard into the ground, so hard in fact that she indeed broke all the fingers in my left hand. Unfortunate, because I was left handed. I briefly remember my fingers hurting during the fight but adrenaline and blood lust took over. I could have walked miles on a broken leg just to kill Bloom. I guess she made anything possible.

“Fine, it’s her fault” he snapped.

I took a deep breath. I knew this conversation was coming. The fight was inevitable yet we both seemingly had our own reasons to avoid the conversation.

“Just say it” he ordered.

“Say what?” I said, consciously walking towards the cornucopia weapons just in case the verbal fight turned into a real fight. I was preparing for the worst, really.

“Ask me whatever has been bothering you all afternoon. You’ve been biting your lip and grinding your teeth and honestly Scarlett, you haven’t even been sweeping the floor - you’ve just been pacing back and forth while holding a broom.”

“Fine” I sighed before adding “Why’d you let Bloom live?”

He laughed outright and I felt my heart break.

“How could you. You’re in an alliance? With her?”

Arrow was supposed to be in my alliance… He was supposed to be on my team. More than that, he was supposed to be mine.

“You were my friend!” I shrieked, grabbing whatever weapon I could grab while running straight towards him. He was going to get it.

I plunged the plastic knife into his chest but it broke under pressure. He laughed even harder while I screamed in annoyance.