Try outs - Highschool AU one-shot

Jock!Levi & Nerd!Armin requested by @DatsmexyMikasa !! Sorry it took me so long to get around to writing this...

Oh yeah all my hs au stuff, Armin is a freshman and Levi is a Junior, I feel like that fits?? Anyways I'm just saying that here so I don't have to say it again later

((I had him be into volleyball cause that's the only sport I know really anything about whoops thanks haikyuu))

-----

Levi sighed heavily and leaned back in his hair, all he could think about were the volleyball try outs, he was so short would he make the team? Of course he was a libero so height wasn't a problem but what if someone else tried for the teams libero?

He rested his forehead on his desk with a loud grunt, a chuckle coming from his boyfriend who was laying on his stomach in bed, reading a book he'd brought over. Their hangouts were usually very casual

"Are you still thinking about it?" Armin chuckled, pushing his reading glasses up a bit to fit snuggly to his face. Levi turned to look at him and his lips upturned ever so slightly.

"Yeah.. it's stressing me out.. gah.." he admitted, running his hands through he hair.

"I mean what if I am too short or I get laughed at?" His eyebrows became a bit more furrowed than usual and Armin quickly took off his glasses, placing them on the bedside table and he stood up and went over to him, sitting in front of him, crossed his arms and rested them on his lap.

"Levi, you're an amazing athlete! Don't worry Hun, you made the team at your old school, I really doubt our school is any different" He cooed in a calming tone, wanting Levi to be more confident in himself.

"And the height thing, aren't you a lib-.. libay-.. li-" he tried finding the word but couldn't. Armin was an amazing student and was very knowledgeable in most subjects but sports was definitely not one of them.

"Libero" Levi helped up and ruffled his blond hair, wondering how he got so lucky to have such a beautiful boyfriend. Armin smiled at the action, giggling softly.

"Yeah, libero! You don't need to be big and tall. I'll be there cheering you on and so will Hanji and Erwin" Armin continued. Hanji was Levi best friend, they've known each other since middle school and Erwin was his senior friend who everyone was surprised actually hung out with the other two, knowing the three would all be there definitely made Levi feel better.

"Your right I need to calm down, sorry" The raven haired boy exhaled deeply, running his hand through the other's hair, watching him carefully as he closed his eyes and smiled.

"No need to apologize.. now please cuddle me, I've missed your hugs, you've been so busy with practice..!" Armin whined a bit, pouting a bit, Levi felt bad about the fact he'd ignored Armin a bit recently, quickly getting up and following him over to his bed. They both laid down and Armin quickly wrapped his arms around Levi, his head resting near his chest so he could listen to his heartbeat. Levi gently tangled his hand into Armin's hair, petting it slowly. Armin's hair was incredibly softly, it was so calming to touch.

"I missed you a lot.." Armin mumbled, holding him even closer. Levi pouted slightly, kissing the top of his head.

"I'm sorry.. I missed you too, I'll try not to be that busy again" Levi replied, focusing on the feeling of having Armin next to him, realizing just how much he missed it.

"It's okay, I understand.. Hey I bet all the extra practice has paid off!" Armin said excitedly, looking up at his boyfriend with a smile.

"It has, my reflexes have gotten much sharper" Levi said, sounding much more confident than he did earlier. Now that he was thinking back, he was doing much much better than before.

"Yay! I bet you'll make the team for sure" Armin said with a cute smile, hoping to boost Levi's confidence even more. He leaned up a bit and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"My Levi..~ so strong" he giggled, smiling even wider as Levi turned his blushing face away. He loved attention like this, but only from Armin.

"Ah, you're blushing how sweet.. you're so handsome, cute even" he continued, poking his cheek softly before placing a few more kisses on them.

"Armin..! It's your fault.. st-stop that" Levi chuckled a bit, only making Armin's fondness stronger with the chuckle.

"Ahh your cute little laugh.. such a rare sound, you should laugh more.. and smile, it looks beautiful on you" Armin gushed, loving to see the reactions from his lover, also it was nice to tell him the way he felt.
At that Levi smiled sweetly but only for a moment before returning to his usual expression. Armin sighed lovingly and rested his head on his chest again.

"Beautiful..!"

---

I hope that was okay! It's super later so I got sloppy towards the end ehhh.. next one shot I'm putting up is gonna be pretty nsfw so be careful young children ;))