Tea & Confessions - fluffy one shot

It was the end of a long day and Armin was very tired, he stumbled into the kitchen once he'd gotten on his pajamas to get himself a glass of water.

Levi was sitting on the counter waiting for water to boil for his tea, he was also in pajamas which was a rare sight.

"Evening, Armin.." The captain mumbled nodded his head to address the blond boy. He smiled nervously, fiddling with the bottom hem of his t-shirt, he thought his name sounded so beautiful coming from Levi's lips.

"Good evening, sir.." he replied sheepishly, a cute smile on his mouth. He couldn't deny he had a little crush on Levi.. okay maybe a big crush.. He studied the man, the way he crossed his leg over his thigh like a girl and the way his hair had gotten quite messy at the end of the day.

"Care for some tea?.. I put a bit too much water in the kettle" The raven haired man asked in his smooth voice, grappling another mug, making Armin smile even more.

"I-I'd love some..!" He replied as the kettle started whistling. The shorter man hopped off the counter and took it off the burner, pouring the water into the two mugs with tea bags already placed in them.

"I always love having a glass before I go to bed.. it's very calming" Levi mumbled, Armin scanned him up and down as he turned away, thinking his shorts that came just to mid thigh were quite cute on him.

"I usually don't drink tea but I like it from time to time" Armin replied, beginning to feel a bit more comfortable.

"It's nice to have when I'm reading in the morning" he rambled a bit, his voice fading as he realized Levi probably didn't care. He was wrong though because the crush he had on Levi was most definitely reciprocated.

"That sounds lovely.." Levi purred softly, turning around and handing a mug to Armin, whom blushed a bit as their hands touched during the hand off.

"W-Would you like to come sit with me? It gets a bit lonely at night.." Armin asked, expecting the worst reaction.. but Levi nodded

"I suppose..." He sighed with a shrug, following Armin into a sitting room that was pretty secluded from the rest of the base. It had a small and very comfortable couch, a dark oak coffee table directly in front and a gorgeous grand piano in the corner. There was a balcony with blood red curtains and the whole room had a very cozy vibe to it.

"I've always loved this room, I come here a lot when I have time alone" Armin said, running his fingers over the books on a shelf before sitting down, leaving room for Levi who soon followed.

"I come here sometimes as well to play the piano" Levi replied, crossing his legs and taking a sip of his tea. He glaced at the piano and then back to Armin whom looked back at him in surprise and in a bit of wonder.

"You can play piano?" The blond confirmed, gaining a nod from Levi. He set his tea down and made his way over to the piano. He sat and played a short tune, it was slowly and sweet, most definitely a love song.

Armin watched with fond eyes, watching the way his fingers moved across the keys and his expression which seemed much softer, his eyebrows relaxed and his eyes shut softly.. he could've sworn there was a hint of a smile on the captain's face..

"That was beautiful, sir.." Armin said longingly, wished to be the subject the song was written for.

"Call me Levi.." He replied, his eyes avoiding Armin in fear of blushing. He made his way back to the couch, sitting now a but closer to the other man.

"Alright.. Levi.." he chuckled softly, liking being on first name basis.

"Did you write that yourself?" He asked, taking a long sip of his tea. Levi almost choked on his tea, dreading that question. Yet he answered truly.

"Yeah.. I did" he mumbled, hoping the obvious follow-up question wouldn't be asked..

"That's amazing! What is it about?" Damn it.. Levi blushed softly which made Armin do the same as he saw it.

"Well.. I-.." Levi got a bit flustered which was very uncharacteristic for him, it made Armin a bit confused but when he heard his quite answer it made sense and he got very flustered himself.

"You.."

"M-Me..?" Armin smiled widely, watching as Levi took a long drink of his tea to avoid speaking. Once he set it down he looked at Armin and sighed, nodding.

"I-..I love you, Armin.." He mumbled, keeping his eyes on the floor before leaning forward, kissing his cheek and hurrying out the door.

"G-Goodnight. We're training tomorrow get to bed soon, Arlert..!" He said as he disappeared, leaving Armin speechless.

//I thought I'd start it off with a good old fashioned confession one shot :") Leave requests for the next one shot here if you have any ideas! <3