Chapter Fourteen

•°Collision•°

HAYLEY WALKED back and forth.

There were several negative things running in her head and those things felt like fireworks that exploded at a time. Her arms were crossed on her chest with multiple breath she was pumping in and out, overthinking about her and Sky staying with him. She couldn't imagine herself doing regular or normal things with him in that house. She couldn't imagine herself walking in every corners of that house, knowing that he was around. Once in her life she used to do that, but now, everything had totally changed. It felt strange. He was a stranger to her.

"What am I gonna do now?" she said to herself when she stopped underneath the chandelier.

Hayley closed her eyes and she threw her hands on her sides. Looking at the window, her brows lowered down because Joker was right. There's no use if she would gonna run away with her daughter. The place had those huge trees as its cage, and had those pathways to nowhere. She had no idea what was hiding in every sides of the timberland and mostly, she never wanted to risk her child's life.

Her mouth quaked and her shoulder had slumped when she thought about it. So, should acceptance exist right at that moment?

When Hayley plopped down on the bed, a soft knock rang her ears.

She looked at it and she swallowed, clutching the bedsheets. "C—Come in."

The door pushed open, and his figure appeared.

"Hi, sugar," he said when he entered her room with tray of food in his hands. "Are you gonna rot yourself here?"

"You don't care."

"I care because our daughter has been questioning me why you haven't gone downstairs yet to join us our lunch. I wonder why. Anyways, I told her to not worry about you so she has eaten well."

Hayley glared at him and she rolled her eyes. Grumbling, she fidgeted in her position while adjusting her clothes due to the cloth seemingly tight against the skin with her sticky feelings from it, and to his presence that kept on irritating her. Why he was being skeptic about it? Did he not actually get it or he was just playing?

Still and all, It was his fault why she didn't have chance to join Sky at the dining table.

Eating with him at the dining table and act as if they were a happy family? Oh no, Hayley wanted a break.

"Not comfortable?" he asked when he stood before her after putting the rectangular container on the bedtable.

She groaned as she rose to her feet but Joker gently pushed her to be seated again.

". . . do you want me to go and get you something to wea—"

"I want you to leave me alone."

His mouth meagerly hung open for her annoying combacks when he was just there trying to be nice.

Clicking a tongue, the clown scratched the back of his head. "Look, I don't want to argue okay? I'm here to ask you if you would like to go back at your house and get all the things that you needed in there or if you would like me to go at the city to bring something that would somehow gonna make you smile."

Hayley never said things. She looked away and frowned.

"Okay, I'll go with you tonight," he said, looking at her that deep. "But first, eat something to fill up your stomach."

* *

"You sure I can't come?" Sky asked to her mother who was sitting at the sofa with her.

She made a small smile, nodding. "Yes, sweety. Daddy and I will be going to our. . . old home to get your things for school and some stuffs."