chapter ten

Ashtin POV
(we're gonna be in her POV all the time unless titled otherwise)
We lay on the ground, still in the position we fell in, looking into one another's eyes. So much is communicated in these silent minutes but so much hidden at the same time. I don't know why, but something is different between us now. Eventually he says something, "Ashtin, you know you're really beautiful, right?"

My face starts turning red, and my cheeks grow hot. I wanna grab his hand and tell him I love him but we're just friends and we're only thirteen so... I settle for just holding his hand and a simple , "I love your eyes." Then I give him a lopsided smile.

I think we both wanted to sit there on the ground a little longer, but he stands up and offers his hand. I lace my fingers through his and we walk to a bench nearby.

I can tell something is bothering Jacob because he keeps looking down, but he never lets go of my hand.

Jacob's POV

I'm trying to avoid it but I can't anymore.

"So who was that guy you were with at cold stone a while ago?"

Ashtin's POV

I don't know how Jacob knows about Nick but I reply immediately anyway.
"I go to school with him and he asked me out but I don't really like him."

"Why? " Jacob questions.

"We just don't really I don't know... connect like that. Not like we do."

"Ashtin, I really like you."

I stand up to prepare myself and he does the same. Then mouthfuls of emotions spill out of my mouth.

"Jacob I like you a lot. I know that this won't work because you're "Jacob Sartorius" and you have a thousand other girls but I yes, I like you a lot. Being with anybody else isn't the same. I probably sound really ridiculous but...."

And then...

author's note;

lol guys I actually hate myself for writing this.  i make everyone way too emotional/romantic but I'm obsessed with my smol little beans. okay, anyway the next chapter is my absolute favorite and ugh I love it so much😻
Anyway, thanks  for 8k reads love y'all
sm -ashtin