[4.5] A Filler

[Same Day]

Later on, Michael decided it was actually time for him to do some research on this bone marrow disease his lover has. He wanted to understand why his lover's mom would say that all the money she spent was a waste. What she meant by, he only had one more month.

"Okay...he has weak bones, can't they just cure that?" He mumbled. He continued to scroll and came upon the truth. "H-He could die..."

The boy was frozen. He didn't know what to think or do. He didn't understand why Elijah would keep this from him. Was he just going to leave me like everyone else? And not say anything?

The boy closed his laptop and put his head down as tears fell down his cheeks. He was upset but also sad. He didn't want to lose Elijah, Elijah was someone he couldn't think of losing, someone he couldn't live without, someone he wanted to grow old with. Why does everything bad happen to me? I'm not going to lose him, no matter what the diagnosis says.

Michael grabbed his things and went to the hospital. Because visiting hours were over, he snuck into the hospital from the back. The sick boy was wide awake, staring at the ceiling in his hospital room. He reflected on his life, and how horrible it has been, until Michael came along and changed things. The thought of leaving him behind, hurt him, and made tears fall drastically.

"I wish I could stay for you. I want to be with you, forever." He sobbed. "You make me so happy, and I love you more than anything in this world."

"I'm glad you feel that way." The boy walked into the room and closed the door softly. "Because I don't want to lose you either."

Elijah sat up and his eyes widened. He quickly wiped his tears. "M-Michael. What are you doing here?"

The boy walked over to him and grabbed his hands. "I want to be with you. I have to be with you... I can't be without you."

Elijah looked away, ignoring the pain that showed in the boy's eyes. "Michael you have to go before you get caught."

"Elijah look at me."

He didn't look.

"Elijah!" Michael turned the sick boy's face towards his. "I know you don't have much time. We don't have much time, just let me be here with you!"

Elijah grabbed onto the boy's arm and shook his head. Tears once again streaming from his eyes. "B-Baby I can't do this I'm sorry. Everytime I look into your eyes all I can think about is how bad I'm hurting you."

"The only thing that hurt was the fact you kept a secret that you were going to leave me. Alone. I had to figure it out on my own. Why Elijah? Why did I have to do all of that to find out what was actually going on?" At this point, both of the boys were hurt and felt nothing, but pain. Still not letting go of each other. Still looking in each other's eyes. Still in love.

"I wasn't planning on this!" Elijah yelled. "I wasn't planning on making a friend and falling in love... I wasn't planning on trying to figure out a way to explain to the love of my life, that I was going to die in less than a week."

His grip loosened around the boy's arm. His eyes suddenly left the gaze of his lover's and he frowned. But his lover wasn't going to let him feel this way. He didn't want to pressure the sick boy anymore. He just wanted to love him, nothing more, nothing less. He softly pressed his lips against the sick boy's. Elijah hesitated, but he kissed back. He knew this wasn't going to be their last, but he knew it was close to being so.

Michael pulled away and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."