[2] Pills |Love Found

[4 Months Before The Deadline]

It's been a whole month since Elijah started at the school and became friends with Michael. They're closer than they ever thought they would be, closer than they should be. They were at Michael's house, in his room, laying in his bed, working on a project they were assigned.

Elijah was in deep focus with the project. The boy wrapped his arm around the new kid's waist, gaining his attention from the work. "Mike what are you doing?"

"You're paying so much attention to that work, it's like you forgot that I was here." He slowly crept his hand under the new kid's shirt.

Elijah grabbed his arm. "I just want to finish this, don't be so clingy. I'll pay you all the attention you want when I'm done."

Michael sighed and moved his hands from him. He continued to work on his project and the boy stared at him lustfully. They've been friends for only a month and he knew it was wrong for him to feel this way, but he couldn't stop himself. Elijah was someone he was proud that came along. Someone he wanted more than to be just his friend. He loved Elijah.

"Okay, done." The new kid closed his notebook and sat up in the bed. "You can get all the attention you want now."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, you can ask me anything you want." Elijah crawled over to him and sat on his lap.

"If Amari attempted to ask you out again, like the first day you were here, what would you say?" He asked out of curiosity and for his own use.

"I would say no, because I would never be with someone who disrespects you out of jealousy and ignorance." The new kid pouted and looked at the boy. "And you know I'm not looking for a relationship currently Michael."

"I know, I just... wanted to know." He mumbled and looked away. Elijah saw the look in his eyes and slowly gripped his hands.

"Maybe, it's because... I wouldn't really want her. I want somebody else."

He caught the boy's attention. "Who is somebody else?"

He bit his lip and put his hands on the boy's face slowly touching his lips. "You." He softly put his lip against his. The boy kissed back, intertwining his hand's with the new kid's. They both pulled away with smiles on their faces.

"Amari, is really going to beat my ass now." The boy mumbled.

"Not if I'm there to protect y—" The new kid turned around covering his mouth as he began to cough viciously.

"Elijah?" Michael reached for him, but he pushed him away and got out of the bed.

"I'll be back." Elijah grabbed his things and hurried to the bathroom.

When he got to the bathroom and locked the door. He let out a long sigh. That was close. He thought to himself, as he opened his bag to reveal several packs of pills. He frowned at the sight of them. He hated taking the pills, but it was the only way he could stay healthy for now.. For Michael...

Few days later, the situation passed and Elijah used the excuse that he just choked on his on spit. Michael didn't believe one word of it, but he thought of it as a way of the new kid keeping him worry-free.

Today the boys were in physical education, and they had to do a mile run. On other days the coach would let Elijah pass on the work outs, but this was a state requirement. So sitting on the bench wasn't an option and he had no choice. When they first started running everything was fine, until the new kid's pace started slowing, and so did his breath.

"C'mon Johnson!" The coach yelled.

But Elijah couldn't do it. He felt as if he could no longer breathe and that his body was giving up on him. He gave up. He fainted.

Elijah heard faint voices.

"What do you mean you can't help him?"

"His case is more severe than what we can handle, we have to send him to the professionals."

"Let me go with him."

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you go without a parent's permission."

Later on in the day, Elijah woke up in a hospital room, with hazy vision. The school nurse couldn't help Elijah, because his case was more serious than expected and was getting worse, faster than it should have. He tried to move, but he felt a hand around his. He looked over to see a sleeping Michael.

He smiled and caressed his hand. "You made it after all."

"I see you're awake." The nurse walked in with papers in her hands. "How do you feel?"

"I feel better than before." He weakly smiled.

"You're lying to me." The nurse looked at him with a look full of pity. "I already told your mom about the whole incident."

"Is she here?" He asked.

"No, but she said she wish she was. She was very busy..." She sighed.

"She always busy." He mumbled to himself. "I don't want her to be at my f—"

"Don't say things like that!" She suddenly out burst. "We're working on a way to save you, we know we can, but this incident it..."

"Moved up my deadline."

"Does he know?" She asked referring to Michael.

And he shook his head. "I don't know how to tell him I didn't know all this would happen." He began to tear up. "I tried to avoid making friends I promise. But he came along, he wouldn't give up. And he was alone..."

"Elijah, you should've just ignored."

"Yeah, but I couldn't! A few days ago, we became more than just friends... And the day we first met, I told him I'd never leave him!" He tightened his grip around the boy's hand. "What have I done?"

"Baby..." Michael groaned and woke up from his nap. "You're awake?"

"Y-Yeah." He weakly smiled. "You didn't have to come all this way from me."

"Yeah, but I wanted to." The boy hugged him. "I'm happy you're okay."

"I am too..."