Inspiration and Avoiding Writer's Block

Thank you for reading and voting x

A D V I C E F R O M A
W E R E W O L F
W R I T E R

|Inspiration and Avoiding Writer's Block |

I can't believe I haven't written a chapter on this, it just completely slipped my mind. I mean you can't write a story if you're not inspired, so here we go!

Inspiration and motivation are two different things and we need to make that clear.

You can be inspired, but not motivated to write.

You can be motivated, but without inspiration you have nothing to write.

The ideal situation would be to have both constantly, but that doesn't always work out. So, I have some suggestions that work for me.

A lot of writers will tell you music helps, it does for some, but not me in particular. I mean songs are great, but they're not very inspiring for writing. They're great for getting in the mood and blocking out the outside world, but they're not necessary.

So how the hell do I stay inspired?

Movies, television/Netflix/Hulu/etc shows and books.

My favorite Disney movie is Lady and The Tramp, not sure why, but every time I watch it I always get so motivated and inspired to write my werewolf stories. Same with The Originals, there are vampires, werewolves and witches, but that sense of family and loyalty is something that is very important in my werewolf stories and influences their decisions a lot.

So anything related to certain themes of your story can be helpful in being inspired to write.

Motivation on the other hand can be difficult because we can get bored or tired especially when you're not getting paid. I get motivation from my readers. I like to look at comments or messages, but I understand that some people won't have many followers so other ways to get motivated are by getting detailed.

Pick a cast.

Find gifs or pictures.

Make covers or graphics.

Learn to make covers or graphics, I'd put some examples up, but I can't spoil stuff yet.

Feel free to take a break every now and then.

This brings me to writer's block because it is so annoying. Writer's block is when you are motivated and inspired and you get your pen/pencil/laptop/phone and words just aren't coming to you or they do, but it doesn't feel right.

I can't give you an instant cure to Writer's block unfortunately, but everything I stated above can help you get over it.

Sometimes you've been writing for so long that your brain is just like chill. It happens to everyone, so don't stress Wattpad isn't disappearing. Take a break, go do something fun. Think ahead of what you want in the story, do a little planning. Eventually it will go away.

Thank you for reading and voting x