Estorra

So in Aphmau's series, Dreams of Estorra, it's pretty obvious that it's a video game. But I believe that it's kind of like video game you play when you're sleeping. Hence, the title Dreams of Estorra. Ahem! Duh! But whatever, that's not why I'm doing this. The story is absolutely beautiful, it's all about this girl who gets bullied and doesn't have any friends in real life, so online, she creates this perfect character who everyone loves, and befriends all the other characters. She lives vicariously through her online avatar, who she calls Aphmau.

But it's not a video game! It's an alternate reality that the makers of this so called "game" just happened to stumble upon, and decided, "hey, let's tell everyone it's just a game, and it doesn't matter what you do because it's all just fake!" When in reality everything you do there really does matter, really does affect the people there in a big way. Those people who Owen said had come before, they were Beta testers. They were sent in to test what you could do. Then they left, and Estorra was peaceful for a little while, until the "game" was released, and everyone wanted to be a part of this incredible revolution in the gaming industry. A video game you can play while you sleep.

And so everyone buys the game, goes into it, and all the gamers start trying to find bugs, start testing out the limits, start creating mass chaos. And so now we've got people trying to hack into the "game" and people testing out cheat codes, but nothing works because it's got such a great "defense system" against those things. It's like someone trying to hack into reality, it just doesn't work. Because it is reality! Just not the one they're used to!

Okay, now I'm ranting, so let me sum this up real quick. I started writing this a few months ago and quit, so I added a lot onto it. I'm sorry for sticking to a schedule, I broke my arm. But it's getting better, so don't worry about me. Thanks for readers my my nonsense!