New Lies

It didn't feel right

 I lean my head against Tamlin's shoulder, the action sending a shiver down my spine.

       I wonder what Rhys is doing right know, probably drinking. 

 Probably with Cassian. I wonder if he's told them yet.

  Or if he has a plan because I sure as hell don't, when I left with him to come back to the Spring Court I just had one thought. 

 Keep them safe.

  So I left

 Though I would admit my acting was pretty great. 

       Suddenly I'm ripped from my thoughts when Tamlin abruptly says,

  "I'm sorry I didn't put more effort into getting you back it's just that when you left I had nothing and I felt broken. Though I was only trying to keep you safe when I locked you in, I didn't know you would, well..."

 My eyes widen as he says this. 

 He's trying to blame this on me! How could he! 

 This is so typical, cauldron what an asshole.

  He's got the nerve to pull this shit on me when it's his fault. 

 He locked me in, he tortured me, right after we left Under the Mountain life became absolute hell for me and know he's blaming me for the nightmare that had surrounded me.  

 Oh no he doesn't.

  I shake my head sharply as I meet eyes with Lucien  for a second and let out a heavy sigh. 

 And then I remember why I'm here. What I sacrificed. 

 And what I'm fighting for.

 Brushing aside the anger that wants to lace my mind and voice I say in a sweet tone, 

 "I'm sorry, it was my fault." The words fall flat but when I look up at Tamlin he seems to believe it. 

 And so I continue, "That day was a mistake I wish I could take back, I never should have left you the way I did only to meet a monster." I place my hand upon his cheek and his hand goes to meet it. 

 "And then Rhysand.... brainwashed me. I had no idea what I was doing until I broke free of his control. I'm so sorry."

 I literally want to vomit from what I just said. 

 All lies that seem to roll right off my lips as he eats them up, everything that I've already begun to spin oh so quickly. 

 And all of this is in his head.

  I tilt my head slightly and he kisses me. I feel sick from it. 

 Sick from him, from all of it, what I would give to just be back in Velaris just the way things used to be before everything wrong happened.