Chapter 2

Oh God, why am I so stupid? I mean really, what did I ever do to get so stupid? I must have been dropped on my head a few times because I just looked up. You know what I saw when I looked up? Niall Horan peering over me with a slight, may I say creepish grin plastered on his face. Was I supposed to forget the last few years and just start talking to him? Ha, because thats not going to happen. Especially because of his reputation. I started to squirm in my seat as I quickley looked back down at my book with the hope he would just walk away.

  "Hey darlin." as soon as I heard his thick irish accent I knew he wasn't from here. I didn't dare to look up as he stood above me.

   "Oh I see, playin the old hard to get trick are we darlin?" I looked up at him with a hard look of disgust written on my face before I went back to my book.

Can you believe this guy? He doesn't even know my name and he's already telling me I'm playing "hard to get" I mean I know we're in the year 2013 but this is insanity. Isn't it? Maybe I haven't been around enough or any guys for that matter in years. If this is how they all act our generation is more screwed than anyone could have guessed. Besides, I've heard this guy doesn't talk to anyone, so why is he wasting his time talking to me? 

"I'm Niall Horan and you are beautiful."

What was this guy thinking? I am anything but. Why is he even talking to me in the first palce? I mean no one has ever called me beautiful except for my dad. Can he not just leave me alone?

"So are you going to talk to me or are you going to stay my unsolved mystery? One thing you should know about me is that I don't leave anything unsolved, especially someone like you." he smiled at me. Only then did I notice the peircing he had in hs lip.

I looked up at him again this time with a blank expression. He just smiled down at me. 

"Well, it looks like I will be seeing you around sweetheart." was the last thing he said to me before he walked off the in the opposite direction.

*   *   *

The lunch bell rang shortly after and I gathered all my stuff and headed towards my locker. When I walked up to it I realized the usually empty locker beside me was now occupied with a lock. Fan-frikin-tastic. All I could do was hope it wasn't a jock, a cheerleader or anybody who could make my life anymore hellish than it already is. 

I grabbed my lunch and headed to the small table in the corner of the caff that I claimed as my own. I sat there alone everyday. It was quiet and away from everyone else, just how I liked it. 

I pulled out my PB and J sandwhich, my favourite,and put in my earphones. I put  'Family' by Noah Gunderson on repeat and sat back watching the people around me laughing and talking. I couldn't hear anything they were saying due to the high volume of the music blasting in my ears, but yet I could make out there words and expressions. The jocks and cheerleaders all laughing hysterically at some probably stupid joke one of the jocks made, three girls in the corner whispering and giggling. There were so many different things happening around me that most people miss. It was kind of amazing how much you can pick up when you just step back and admire it, looking at it in a different point of view.

My view was soon blocked by a tall figure. When I looked up, shocked someone was coming near me for the second time today I realized Niall Horan once again found me. 

"What is such a pretty girl doing sitting all alone for the second time in a day, it just doesn't seem right." I looked at him blankly as he set his tray down and slid onto the bench across from me smiling, uninvited might I add. Why did he care so much anyways?

"So darlin, are you going to tell me your name now?" I kept eating my sandwhich pretending I didn't hear him. Why will he not leave me alone? Does he not understand I don't want to talk to him? I overheard that yesterday he got in a fight with some college kid and the kid ended up in the hospital. Who does that? The last thing I need right now was to be involved with someone like that.

"Alright, so I see I'm still getting the silent treatment. How about I tell you about myself and if you feel like it you can do the same?" 

I looked at him and gave him a small nod.

"Ok where to start. My name is Niall James Horan, I am 17 years old, I have gotten into some trouble in the past but I'm here to try and put it behind me as best I can, I'm from Mullinger, Ireland, I moved here three weeks ago, my birthday is on September thirteenth, I play the guitar, I have a fear of pigeons and I think you are beautiful and for some reason, even though I don't even know your name, you entrigue me. Theres just something about you." he smiled and took a breath.

I giggled at the fact  that the "tough boy" was afraid of a bird. Then i smiled at him. No one has ever been so nice to me, hell, barely anyone has even acknowledged me. I don't know what happened or what I was thinking, maybe I wasn't, but I looked Niall in the eye.

"My name is Mavrick."

*  *  *

A/N: so what do you guys think? trust me this is just the beginning. Do you ship Navrick?? There alot of secrets, drama and action planned for this book!  I really hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry its so short! the chapters will eventually get longer as the book goes on I pormise. Please comment and vote? It really would mean the world to me. I love you all more than food!!!

                                                                                                    -Carlee

P.S i will put a link for the song in this chapter on the side :)