Antonio's Rescue Mission

Normal POV

Deker wades through a lake. He drops Traci into the water. The silver ranger instantly wakes up when she feels the water hit her skin. She coughs to clear her lungs then looks up to see Deker standing in front of her.

"Why were you trying to drown me?" Traci asks.

"I wasn't trying to drown you. The water in this lake will purge Octoroo's poison from your body." Deker answers.

Traci takes a deep breath before she goes back underneath the water. She swims around for ten minutes before Deker helps her out of the lake to a nearby cave. Meanwhile, at the Shiba House, Antonio and Mentor are standing outside the recovery room.

"Man, they got banged up by Archinator," Antonio says.

"Yes, the nighlok continue to get stronger as the Sanzu River leaks into our world," Ji says.

They head to the living room. Ji hands the black box to Antonio. He sits down on a chair and takes the lid off the case that has the Black Box inside.

"We need you to program this as soon as you can," Ji says.

"But the first Samurai Red Ranger couldn't finish this," Antonio says.

"Yes, it will be tough since you don't have mastery of symbol power like the others. We believe that you can do it because of your high-tech skills." Ji says.

"But Traci is still out there. I need to rescue her," Antonio argues.

"Antonio, you need to focus on the task at hand. I'm positive that she'll tell you that without the black box, the whole planet is in trouble." Ji says.

Back in the cave, Traci tries to stand up. A few seconds later, she drops back down to the cave floor since her body refuses any movement. She rolls onto her side to look over at Deker.

"The lake water healed you, but you need to take it easy while your body recovers its strength," Deker says.

"So, Deker, why did you help me?" Traci asks.

"You're a lot like me," Deker answers.

"I'm not like you, Deker." Traci snaps.

"Yes, you are," Deker says.

"What do you mean?" Traci asks.

"You're keeping a secret from the other Rangers. That proves that you're evil just like me," Deker says.

"It does not. I'm just not ready to tell the other rangers about my learning disability, that's all. So do you want to duel me, or did you save me to distract the other rangers?" Traci says.

Antonio's POV

I finish formatting the black box. A few seconds later, I feel myself start to fall. I catch myself on the chair in front of me. I blink a few times to shake off the dizzy spell. After I recover, the gap sensor goes off. Then I hear the others run in.

"You need to be resting," Ji says.

"We can't rest when people are in trouble," Jayden says.

"You guys can handle the nighlok. I'll go rescue Traci from Deker," I say.

"No, Antonio, you need to finish programming the black box," Ji argues.

"I can't finish it now. The team is taking their power discs into battle," I say.

I see the others take out their power discs out of their pockets then hand them to me. "Are you sure that you'll be able to fight the nighlok without these?"