:Chapter 13

Chloe's POV

The car ride once I had landed in Paris was quiet. Granted the driver had tried to make conversation with me, despite his very broken English, one question he asked me was why I had come to the 'city of love' alone, this I didn't know the answer to, but to be honest, I hadn't ever thought of Paris to be any more romantic than any other city in the world, and I darent have that argument with a Parisian.

Once I had arrived at the address George had sent me, I paied the driver, as he kindly got my bag out of the boot of the car, I thanked him as I stepped inside the hotel. It was fancy, like the kind of thing you only ever saw in movies, it was lovely. Shyly I walked over to the recpetionist. She had bleached blonde hair, which was clearly dead from all the dye, her face was caked in an orange and patchy foundation, and you could tell that she had lip fillers recently, as she could barely even close her lips.

"Name" She almost demanded, as I approached the desk.

"Erm, actually I'm here to see my friend, George Daniel, he's in room 203." I somewhat asked, she smiled at me sarcastically.

"Look sweetie, have you booked a room or not?" The receptionist was extremely rude, it wss like she thought I was trying to just bunk in George's room becauseI was homeless or something. Before I could say anything else to her George came out of the lift.

"Hey, Chloe! You made it." George practically shouted, I was go glad George came to reception when he did.

"I did" I giggled as I threw myself into George's arms for a hug.

"I'm glad you came" He said, before leading me to the lift, taking my bag for me.

"Thank you for your help, 'June'" I sarcastically smiled at the receptionist, mocking her way of talking to me just moments ago, she looked annoyed, but before she said anything the lift door shut. I laughed slightly, before remembering the serious matter that had bought me here in the first place, Matty.

"He's at the studio at the moment, as you probably guessed." George started, "He's usually there until quite late too, and I assumed you'd want to freshen up before going to see him, then I can drive you over to the studio if you like? Well we'll get a cab" He continued, I smiled.

"It's okay, you can just give me the address, I think it would probably be better for me to see him alone, if that's okay with you" I replied.

"Sure it is!"

//

The studio was locked when I arrived. I wasn't surprised, George told me it might be that way. I took the key from the boys' hotel room, from my back pocket before unlocking the door. I was trying not to be to quiet so I didn't scare Matty, however, quiet enough for him not to be distracted from making his music. When I stepped inside the smell of cigarettes hit me almost immediately, as well as the overwhelming smell of red wine and tequila. I stepped inside, only to be met by the glaring eyes of Matty.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped, closing what I assumed to be his lyric notebook.

"Hello to you too" I replied, I didn't mean to sound harsh, but when Matty wasn't even pleased to see me, after travelling all this way, I was quite annoyed.

Matty never spoke a word to me since I got to the studio. I was growing impatient.

"Talk to me, Matty" I almost whispered. I was so worried about him, things were going so well, I was really starting to like him.

"There's nothing to talk about" he replied

"I haven't seen you in almost three weeks now Matty" I started. "Before you lefts I was beginning to really like you, I was fond of the way you made me feel, the way that you treated me, but ever since you've been here it's like I'm the last person you want to talk to. I don't regret meeting you, but I was scared Matty, I was so fucking petrified to let anyone in, to talk about my friend. I don't know how I did it but I opened up to you, you know so much about me, things that I would hide from everyone, but somehow you convinced me to put down my guard, why can't you?" I huffed, throwing myself back into the sofa opposite to where Matty was sat, on the floor.

He didn't say a word.

"You know what?" I started "I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered, why I'm missing Uni, why I paid with my own savings to come here, to try and make someone happy, who wont even acknowledge that I'm here"

"Never asked you to" Matty replied simply, I was more annoyed than ever before.