Chapter 18

Elli's POV

I groaned as I flopped onto my bed, Alex was with Zane tonight and I was alone. How did she get so close to him so fast?

I needed advice, and quick, so I turned to the only option I had. Riley. I dialed her number on my cell phone and waited for her to pick  up.

"Hey Elli what's up?"

"Um, are you busy tonight?" I asked her.

"Nope, why?"

"Well, I need some advice...:"

She squealed, "Say no more, we're having a sleepover! I'll be at your house in 10."

"Okay, see ya!"

I hung up the phone and in truly 10 minutes Riley knocked on my door.

I opened it for her and she walked right passed me, upstairs and into my room. She sat on the floor and said, "Okay what's the problem?"

I told her all about how Alex and I both liked Zane but it seemed like Zane liked Alex more. She sat thoughtfully through my whole story. "So what do I do to make him like me?"

"Well, I think it's obvious!"

"What is it?"

"Well, Zane is kind of a badass, and Alex is also kind of wild so they're into the same things," she started.

"Okay...?" I wasn't sure where this was going.

She sighed dramatically like I was stupid, "So if you want him to like you, you become like him!"

"How could I ever be like him and Alex?" I was skeptical at this idea, I liked to be myself.

She shook her head at me, "You can do it, and i'll help!"

"Okay, only if you help though," I warned her.

"I will! So first thing's first, your look."

I touched my hair, "What's wrong with my look?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing! I mean it looks pretty on you, but clearly Zane likes girls that look more...like Alex," Riley explained.

"So I have to dress like Alex?!"

"Precisely."

I groaned, "How do I do that?"

"Simple, we raid Alex's closet."

"She would kill me." Alex and I never really shared clothes because of our different tastes, and I don't think now would be a good time to ask her for a favor.

"Then she won't know! Come on, let's try it out now!"

I let her pull me towards Alex's closet and pick some clothes out. Her clothes all looked the same to me. Black, red, tight, leather, ripped.

"Got it!" Riley said. She thrust some clothes into my arms and ushered me to try them on. I quickly tried on her clothes and didn't bother to look in the mirror.

"Is that it?" I hopefully asked.

"Nope, we still have makeup, hair, and attitude."

I sighed and kept quiet, knowing there was no point in arguing. I kept still as Riley swept black eyeshadow on my eyes and packed on the heavy eyeliner and mascara.

"Geez Riley, she's not emo," I complained.

"No it looks good, trust me."

When she was finished she took  me towards a mirror, "Now we reveal...the masterpiece!" Riley said dramatically as she took her hands off my eyes. I stared back at the girl in the reflection, but I didn't see myself. I saw Alex.