What is so funny?

Jemma's POV

So a day later and I was allowed out of the hospital wing and found myself in Dumbledores office receiving my schedule and meeting "my guide".

"My guide" was a short brown haired girl who had brown eyes and was called Alice Prewett. She was pretty but also quite shy. From what I picked up, she had good grades and would help me study throughout the year.

Dumbledore insisted that I "catch up" on the subjects at Hogwarts as they weren't the same at Beauxbatons.

Great, more work.

After the greetings and instructions, I was taken by Alice to the Gryffindor tower which is where I then saw the common room, which nobody was in at the time, weird, and the girls dormitories where I would be sleeping.

It was much warmer than the Slytherin dungeons and to be honest, I preferred it but I would never say that out loud. Never. So if you tell anyone I will hex you into oblivion. Got it? Yes? Good.

After she showed me the dorms we went back into the common room only to find the four people who I wanted to see most. Not.

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs and into the common room, the one with glasses looked up and smiled as he saw me with Alice.

I seriously really need to learn names and not just call them by their hair colour or what colour eyes they have, or by their obvious features.

The other boys all looked up to see what glasses was looking at. When spotting me they all stood up and just stared for a few moments before another girl with red hair walked through the portrait.

She walked through to the stairs of the girls dorms but stopped and retraced her steps when she clocked what was going on.

"Uhh... What's going on? Who's this?" She asked signalling me.

"Oh sorry, I'm Jemma Wills, new student here." I smiled at her and stuck my hand out.

What? I do actually want to make some friends here!

She smiled at me and took my hand shaking it. "Nice to meet you Jemma, I'm Lily Evans" she said politely.

Hang on, wait, I swear I've heard that name somewhere else before... Wait, I've got it! This is Lily Evans, Harry's mum. The famous Lily Potter! Rightttt, that makes sense!

I returned my focus back on the awkward atmosphere that was just as awkward as before.

After a few more minutes of excruciating awkwardness I decided to break the silence.

"So, you haven't told me your names yet?" I said signalling the boys. "I think that's pretty rude as you know mine, so it would be fair to tell me yours." I smirked at the end

"Oh, sorry," glasses started "I'm James Potter, this is Sirius Black" he said motioning to the handsome, black messy haired boy beside him, "this is Remus Lupin" he said gesturing to the tall amber eyed boy the other side "and that's Peter Pettigrew." He finished, pointing to the small chubby blonde boy at the back of the small group.

Hang on... Lupin? Professor Lupin? Surely he can't be the same, can't it? That's maybe why he looks so familiar!

"Umm, hi." I said after I relieved myself from my own confusion and shock.

"Uh, Jemma? We should probably get going down to the Great Hall. Dinner is down there at the moment." Alice said quietly turning to face me.

"Uhh, yeah sure." I replied eagerly as I really wanted to get out of this awkward conversation.

"Hey, we'll join you!" Sirius Black said cheerfully. Too cheerfully for my liking. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just smiled back at me.

Ugh he annoys me already. But he's hot. Agh shut up Jemma.

We all exited the common room and made our way down to dinner, chatting as we did so. One thing for sure, I seriously need to learn to lie better. At this rate, everything could be out by tomorrow afternoon. And that will be just great.

James's POV

When Jemma told us her name I swore I thought it was something else for a weird reason.

We were walking down to dinner with Jemma, Lily and Alice deep in conversation with them.

"So Jemma" I asked her, "why did you come to Hogwarts?"

She thought for a few moments before answering, "umm, well because it's much more friendlier than Beauxbatons for a start! And because I have a feeling that I will be happier and better off here! To be honest though, it was quite a surprise for me, I mean one day I'm there and the next I'm here!" She laughed to herself.

"So why did you end up in the forest?" I ask curiously.

"Portkey mishap" she shrugged and grimaced.

I smiled knowing what the next words out of my mouth will be, "I call it fate!"

She laughed before turning to look at me. Her eyes curious and happy before turning away and continuing down the corridor again. I ran to keep up with her before slowing down to a walk. "You remind me of a friend back home" she said quietly

"Is that friend a good friend" I asked

"Mhn, somewhat so" she mumbled slightly blushing

"What of me reminds you of this friend then?"

"Well, for a start, he's funny, handsome-"

"-you think I'm handsome?" I asked smirking

She raised her eyebrow then smirked back at me "mhn, somewhat so"

I narrowed my eyes trying to figure her out. She was different from the girls here.

"So what else."

"Umm, sarcastic, suspicious, arrogant-"

I coughed "- umm, excuse me, arrogant?"

She smirked again making her eyes shine bright, "yeah you're arrogant alright" she said gently nodding her head

"So what makes me so arro-" I started before Sirius ran up behind me and jumped on me, making me let out a strangled yell. "-ugh, padfoot! Can't you control yourself?" I said fairly annoyed as I was having an interesting conversation before he jumped on me.

He laughed before mock thinking, "nope!" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking with him and Jemma.

"So what were you two talking about then?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

I rolled my eyes, "nothing much, just finding a bit more out about Jemma here. Apparently I'm arrogant though! Do you agree with her?" He tried to suppress a chuckle, causing Jemma to chuckle to herself too. "What?" Sirius then went into fits of laughter, Jemma doing the same with me just standing in between them both clueless to what they were laughing about "what?" I said again, still completely clueless.

We entered the Great Hall with them still laughing either side of me and sat down at the Gryffindor table. There were tears of laughter coming out of Sirius's eyes now because he was laughing too much.

Then I lost it, "WHAT. What is so funny?" I yelled annoyed

"I have - absolutely - no idea!!" Jemma said whist clutching her sides still laughing.

I stared at her curiously before giving up. There was something odd, but intriguing about the girl. Something I just couldn't put my finger on..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you go! Another update!

Please comment as I would love to know your opinions and maybe add a few suggestions of what might happen during the year she is there!

Thanks guys!

VOTEEEE

thanks

battaaa ✌️