"Mum and I are filing for divorce."

••••

"We need to get it together. The release date is one month away."

"We're halfway done, that's almost two months away and I have to record that album with the brothers." Michael shrieked. "I won't have time to complete 11 songs the way I want to complete them, Q! I don't even have a doggone album title!"

"You have to make time, son." Producer Quincy Jones insisted, looking over quick minutes taken from the last meeting regarding Michael's new album. "This album is going to do well. I can feel it."

"If you insist. I'm not too keen on some of the tracks." Michael admitted shyly, almost fearing Quincy's reaction.

"Stop being a perfectionist for once in your life, boy." Quincy scolded jokingly as he slapped the singer's shoulder lightly. "It will be fine. You're Michael Jackson."

"Doesn't meant anything, Q."

"Well," Quincy began, moving on. "We've got to get Lionel in here."

"Paul too, I haven't heard from him this week at all." Michael pointed out, feeling exasperated. There was so much that went into putting together an album, especially this unnamed album. It didn't seem like anything was fusing together, which annoyed Michael to a maximum.

"Go call him up."

Michael did as Quincy suggested and went to use the telephone that hung on the wall in the office part of the studio, dialing Paul's number from memory.

After about three rings, a female voice picked up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Linda?" Michael looked down at his shoes as a small smile began to play on his lips. "How are you?"

"Um," The voice began. "This is Ariah, who is this?"

Ariah had an idea of who it was, but her thoughts were confirmed as Michael clarified who he was.

"Ariah, hey. This is MJ. I'm sorry." A small giggle of embarrassment escaped his lips. "How ya' doin', girl?" His way of talking definitely dated back to his early days in Gary, Indiana.

A small giggle escaped Ariah's lips as heat arose in Michael's cheeks.

"I'm alright. Are you good as well?"

She spoke just like Paul, it was crazy. Michael found it just a little amusing, but answered her question.

"Yes, yes I am. Your father? Is he good?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Ariah told Michael, feeling uncertain if she should've even shared that information with him.

"Oh, is everything okay?"

"I don't--" Ariah was a bit hesitant, but proceeded in telling Michael the truth. "I'm just not really sure right now."

The singer instantly felt the urgent need to help the McCartney family out in any way possible.