The Little Soldier

A slight cloud of dust hung in the air of the opening, obscuring the view of what's behind the door, the manicured air still seeping from the facility.

"I wonder why I never went down here."

     Savage walked forward and into the door way, he was immediately greeted by a flight of stairs taking him down a few stories, the staircase becoming darker and darker as he went.

"This is probably why I never went down here; it's darker than a hooker's heart."

     At the end of the hallway he reached a door, the darkness all encompassing. He closed his bubble helmet and his vision came alive, the sensors picking up even the smallest light giving him perfect vision. The door in front of him was smooth without any handle or visible unlocking mechanism.

"Alright, what am I looking at here? How do I get in?"

     The helper drone flew in front of him and scanned the immediate area two times, then froze and hovered.

"Just a moment Sir, the door seems to be remote controlled. I am attempting to hack in through the wireless...ok...Here we go...now. Ok we are in."

     The door clicked and Savage gently pushed and it swung open. He was immediately greeted with bright white, everything was single thing was white. The floor was white, the roof, the walls, and the furniture.

He let out a long whistle.

"Well it seems like someone has a white fetish..."

     Everything was immaculately cleaned, the floor polished and the windows free from smudges. Savage took a step in, looking around at the space and he walked. This place screamed research and development; there was an abundance of technology and schematics, parts neatly placed and put away, the organization perfect.

"Well at least we won't have a hard time finding anything, it's probably labeled by the meticulous little pencil heads."

     He made his way down the hallway reading each door as he went.

"Research, Human Resources, Infirmary, Weapons, Restricted.... Oh, we want Restricted for sure."

     The drone beamed the keypad and the door opened, a large smile racing across his face.

"That's what I had in mind."

     A silicon/metal hybrid suit was on display in the center of the room. The body Black with construction yellow accents in various places, they were subtle and complimented the suit nicely. He stepped in close to the suit, almost drooling in anticipation. There was a sign stuck to the front of it that was hand written.

"Do NOT put on."

"Hmm, I wonder what that means?"

     He quickly started stripping; he got down to his bare skin before assembling parts of the suit. Each piece slid together before turning and locking. The whole process took him close to ten minutes, the suit fitting his figure perfectly.

     He stood up straight and admired his new attire, wiggling parts here and there to check its fit.

     Suddenly he felt a sharp pain in the bottom of his foot.

"Sonofa Bitch!"

     He quickly lifted it up and checked underneath to see what was hurting him, nothing there but the bottom of the boot. The rest of his body suddenly followed with the pain, sharp stabs starting from his feet and then working all the way up to where the suit ended at the base of his neck. He hollered out in pain before passing out on the floor, sweat dripping from his brow, his leg twitching every few seconds.