Short Flight

Savage came back into the ship and walked to the captain's chair, small teardrops of red liquid dotting his path, his chest still heavy slightly from the exhaustion of his interaction, sweat beading on his brow. He plopped down heavily and let out a heavy sigh, a slight realization of his situation seeping in, he was alone on the hostile planet.

     He glanced down at his arm wincing slightly upon seeing it, a small tear ran the length of his forearm, the blood steadily leaking out as his heart pounded.

"Motherfucker got me. His lucky day. Can you please have the helper drone come patch me up?"

"Right away Sir."

     The drone manifested from beneath the ship, the miraculous blue beam once again helping him, its magical blue light cauterizing the wound on his arm, his face slightly turning up in disgust at the pain.

"Ouch you fucker, easy with the goods you fucking knucklehead."

     The drone nodded in midair when finished before taking off, securing itself back into its dock for the flight. Savage swiveled around in his chair and powered back on the Scrapper, its big motors swirling the dust across the ground and creating mini cyclones. The last bot secured itself in the hangar on his screen and he once again lifted from the ground parts of the ship creaking with age and protest.

     He steered off and above the city, the screen in front of him highlighting his new destination, another shipyard on the other side of town. He could see that the explosion at the last yard brought out some of the dangerous wildlife. They came from their dark and dangerous holes and began stalking the source of the loud sounds...him.

"I think we better stop to get some weapons and armor, it seems we spooked all the creepy crawlies and they are hungry."

"Absolutely great idea Sir. Any place particular in mind?"

     He sat there for a moment scratching his chin, his mind searching through possibilities. His face lit up with excitement as a devilish smile crept playfully across his lips.

"Head for research and development, I seem to remember a certain project off their books that we may want to take a look at."

"Plotting the course now, estimated time to arrival on current path and speed is ten minutes."

"Ok I am going to go check the ship for some gear, you have the wheel for now, let me know if you need me."

"Roger Sir"

     He made his way down the hallway of the ship, opening every shelf he could find, he threw various objects out of their containers and into the hallway as he searched.

     He was in the process of thoroughly inspecting an explicit magazine left by the previous pilot when out of nowhere a loud bang sounded form the wall besides him. The ship lurched to the side and he lost balance and rolled to the other side of the hall. His motion was quickly followed by the ship diving head first towards the ground.

"I told you we should have replaced the fuel line. Engine two is down...brace for impact."

     The ship slammed into a building, crumbling it and the surrounding structures before coming to a halt in the middle of an empty street. Savage managed to quickly fall into a closet and shut the door, saving himself from any damage. He creaked the door open a looked around to find everything he hadn't thrown into the hallway, now in the hallway, a scattered mess of junk. A small amount of acidic smoke poured into the cabin from the wall nearest to the engine, it must have caught fire upon impact.

"Get one of those smart dumpsters out there and put the fire out. We still need this damn ship."

"On it Sir."

     The bots poured out of the ship like ants from a wet hill, quickly throwing streams of anti-fire foam across the burning engine.

     Savage stepped out of the wreck and assessed the damage, clicking the blade back into his chest holster, it had come slightly loose during the crash.

"If it isn't one fuck up its another. Status Report?"

"Well the ship is repairable Sir...but it will take the bots some time. Good news is your within walking distance of the facility. Second bad news is the crash may have drawn even more attention, best to move quickly if you ask me."

"Alright, get that thing fixed while me and the helper bot head to the facility."

     Savage closed his bubble helmet and began to move through the buildings, he carefully stuck to the shadows where he was harder to detect, the bot throwing its camera view into his helmet and showing him tactical views and paths through the city. As he got closer he picked his pace up to a slow trot, trying to get to safety as quickly as possible.

"I've never actually been to the facility, I'm pretty excited to see what the eggheads have cooked up. They were promising me some kind of powered armor, I hope they got close to finishing it before they ran away. The big babies."

"We will find out soon enough Sir. We are here."

     He rounded the corner and came face to face with a small rectangle building. Its outline barley had enough space for the door, the walls were a dull and rusted metal, giving it the appearance of an abandoned utility building of some sort. The door only read "Keep Out".

"You sure this is the place?"

"Absolutely"

"Alright, let's get in there then. After you."

     He smirked as the drone flew ahead of him and began cutting the edges of the door with a blue laser. The door finally giving way and fallen forward into the dirt, the air rushing out, the smell clean and sanitized. He smirked as the dust settled.

"Happy birthday to me."

Utterly Aloneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें