'But Christmas is a time for family,' I protested, feeling guilty for how I had treated the Queen family when I had been in that toxic relationship with Marcus. 'And I was truly awful to your family when you were still on Lian Yu. I dropped them when they tried to help me the most, and distanced myself on purpose. I wasn't always the person I am today.'

'Didn't I say no buts?' Oliver grinned sympathetically. 'And Aria, none of that was your fault. Marcus was the one who manipulated you into being that person, and my mom and my sister could still see through to your true self. They don't blame you, and neither does anyone else. Didn't you just tell me to live in the 'here and now'?'

'I'm still not your family, Ollie,' I still denied his invitation.

'Maybe not by blood, but you are to me.'

---

'Does mom at least have some of those boxes of candy canes?' I heard Oliver ask his sister as I entered the Queen household. 'Remember we used to race to see who would finish first?'

'Yeah,' Thea nodded with a smile. 'I always won.'

'No, you cheated.'

'Well, she was sugar-free last year, so I doubt you'll be seeing any of those around.'

'Hey, Thea,' I greeted as I reached the two siblings.

'Aria,' she nodded slightly, before leaving to another part of the house.

'Is everything between you two... Okay?' I wondered with concern as I looked at Oliver's face. 'You don't seem too happy.'

'Doesn't it seem a bit odd how there's no decorations up yet?' Oliver inquired. 'No wreaths. No trees. My dad used to put a tree in every room, but now it doesn't seem like Christmas at all.'

'That is slightly strange,' I acknowledged. 'But I have never been in this house at Christmas time for five years, like you, Oliver. I remember Robert decorating the house, but Moira never did. Maybe that's why.'

'You could be right,' Oliver nodded. 'But it still seems... Strange.'

Just as Oliver was about to enter the dining room, he stopped me from following him in.

'There's a... Dinner party going on at the moment, and I doubt you'll want to join me,' Oliver warned me. 'My mom and Walter are just holding it to impress the likes of Malcolm Merlyn.'

'I think I'd better not go in then,' I smirked comedically. 'I highly doubt they'd want to talk to a forensic scientist, after all.'

Just as I was about to go to the spare bedroom, where Oliver had requested me to stay, an incoming phone call rung in my pocket. Answering the caller, I heard the voice of Quentin Lance address me.

'We need you down at the precinct as soon as possible,' Lance interjected without even a hello.

'I thought it was my day off?' I questioned Lance quickly.

'Not anymore,' Lance disagreed firmly. 'We've got another case on the Hood.'

'I'm sure you don't need my help on this one,' I began to grow impatient.