Dinner Time

Chapter 5: Dinner Time 

I woke up alone. I was still in my sisters bed, hugging one of her pillows. More like spooning it. It was dark outside, and raining. I got up and turned her zebra light on. Her room had been fully unpacked and was amazing. I got up and stretched, hearing my own stomach growl. I jumped down the stairs two at a time and ran into the kitchen, seeing everyone at the table. And Kayden sitting with them. 

"Hey Jam!" Sarah got up and dragged me to my seat, which was in between her and Kayden. I felt suddenly awkward. Slowly, I ate the food on my plate, leaving half of it. I was sore from earlier and being smushed between the guy I was attracted to and my sister just made my headache a little worse. 

I pushed it toward dad and shook my head, getting up to grab a soda. Suddenly a phone rang. I jumped and looked around, to see if it was mine. But it was Sarahs, getting a text. She almost screamed and threw her arms around me. "Jam, guess who invited us to go night swimming! Liam, this cute guy I met yesterday! He says there's gonna be lots of people and we could make some friends. Daddy can we go?" She batted her eyelashes at him and he looked up at her from his paper.

"Now, you can go. Just promise you won't be out late. You girls still have unpacking to do." He looked at Alpha, and winked at me, making me blush.

Sarah looked at me, happy as could be. "Ugh, fine. Let me find my bathing suit." I laughed and hugged her back, taking my soda upstairs. I closed my door and pulled out a bunch of boxes, throwing things on the floor. I couldn't find my bikini, the red one with flowers that I really liked. 

I found it and jumped up, taking off my shirt. Right in the middle of it, I turned and saw Kayden in my doorway, watching me. I slowly put my shirt down and shut the door in his face, my face heating. I finished getting undressed, just when I heard a honking out front. The people were here to pick us up. I slid on my biki bottoms and my top, putting on shirts and a tank top over them. Running into the hallway, I bumped into Kayden and practically fell on the floor. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I patted his shoulder and went into my sisters room, pounding on her door. "SARAH, THEY'RE HERE." I opened her door and saw she was putting make up on. I hadn't even realized that I walked right past and disregarded Kayden, but I did want to go have a little bit of fun. I needed it. 

I threw a towel at her and went downstairs and out the door. I heard, "I'M COMING!!" from the top of the stairs, and I turn to see Sarah jumping the stairs in one long jump. She closed the door behind her and dragged me with her to the car. A guy and 2 girls came out and high-fived us, helped us into the car. 

"So, girls. How long can you stay?" The guy winked at Sarah, and she giggled. 

Sarah touched his arm. "As long as we want to." 

I stayed quiet and looked out the window for the whole ride. It was only a 5 minute ride, but it seemed longer. I was the first one out of the car when it parked, and I was amazed.

I thought it would be this huge pool, with teenagers surrounding it with lights and such. But no, there were rocks and teenagers slowly floating in the water. At the end of the rocks, was a huge waterfall. It was blue and glowed green from lights behind it. Strobe lights went around, all over the place. People were kissing in the water. It was a teenage party. Everybody slowly emerged from the car and stood around me, meeting up with their friends and all that. 

Before I could even smile, Liam picked me up and threw me into the water, kicking and screaming. Then, he jumped in after me. I hit the water hard, going deeply under. I loved the water, so I didn't mind it much. I stayed under for minutes at a time, swimming around legs and other people. I didn't realize there were so many people here.