~ Chapter One ~

Hello my loves. This is Chapter One, I hope you enjoy! Get the word of this story out!

"They say things happen for a reason, sometimes it would be nice to know what the reason is" ~ Unknown

___________________________________________________________________________

"Savannah!" someone with tiny hands screamed as they tugged on my sweatshirt, waking me up. "Get up!" 

I groggily turned on my side, revealing my little brother, Ty's, small, fragile face.

"Yes Ty?" I asked rubbing my eyes trying to take in the sunlight

"You're going to be late! It's already uh.. late!" Said my little brother, still learning how to tell time. I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table, it revealed that it was 7:00, Shit. I have 15 minutes to be out the door.

"Shoot! Thanks Ty, I owe you one!" I said kissing his forehead as I sprinted to my closet desperatly trying to find something to wear. 

I looked around, grabbing my purple Hollister sweatshirt, and a pair of jeans, along with my black Vans, also my undergarments. I threw the clothes on, running into the bathroom, I ran a comb through my long hair leaving it natural. I had no time to put on make-up as I tried multi-tasking brushing my teeth and putting on de-oderant at the same time. Thank God it's Friday. Once I was some-what satisfied with my appearance, I ran downstairs, grabbing my phone and keys and out the door I went.

~*~

When i arrived at school, first bell had already rang as I dodged passed lingering people, sprinting to my locker. It was no use, once I had correctly put in my combination, second bell had rang and I was late for class. I finshed grabbing the books I needed and walked quickly to homeroom.

"Sorry I'm late," I mumbled walking past snickering teenagers. 

"Savannah that's three in the past 2 weeks!" Miss.Armstrong, my homeroom teacher announced,"Detention!" 

I sighed, great. This day just keeps getting better and better already. The bell for first period rang, and I walked out of the class and into biology. Today we were getting lab partners, yay. 

~*~

"Goodmorning class!" Mr.Diaz announced, and when no one replied he continued, "Ok, well glad to see you're all cheery today," he said clapping his hands and with a hint of sarcasm, "Anyway, let's just get right onto the lab partners, shall we?" everyone groaned. 

Mr.Diaz read names off his list, so far practically no one liked their partners, and when Mr.Diaz called my name, I knew this was going to be a long year. 

"Okay, Savannah Bennett and Carter King!" 

Carter King?! No no no. You've got to be kidding me. Carter is the most popular kid at Cedarwood High, and I'm well, not. He's the quarterback. I'm the school nerd. He's attractive. I'm well, not the girl every guy's drooling over. Worst of all, my dad is his coach, so he knows very well, who I am. 

A few snickers from by standing students as we both sat down. Even a few snickers from Carter, he'sobviously not pleased to be working with me, no one really would be. Should I say something? Or should I just sit here, Carter why do you have to be so attractive? Savannah stop, he has a girlfriend and the status quo prevents our two types from dating. Did I explain this whole status quo thing to you yet? Ok well, at the top of our food chain, if you will, are the jocks and cheerleaders. Preferrably football players. Even more distinct, the quarterback, a.k.a Carter. Next on our food chain is the preps, band members, populars, ect. Oh and when I say band, I mean like rock and roll, not the marching band. Finally, is our nerds, un-populars, and this is where the marching band also falls in, and everyone in between, and the rules are, that anyone from the lower class, is not allowed to assiociate with anyone from the upper class. I, Savannah Bennett fall into the lower class, and Carter is obviously on the top. Oh, and Carter's girlfriend? Her names Ashton, she's the head cheerleader, or as I like to call her, bimbo 101. She's a dumb slut. Honeslty, I don't even think Carter likes her, I think he's just dating her to follow orders.