𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧

As the skies darkened and entered the twilight, people were running around the household

As the skies darkened and entered the twilight, people were running around the household. Servants going in and out, preparing for the grand party. Some doing last minute cleaning, some decorating the gardens and some placing beverages and food on the tables. Upstairs in one of the chambers, Aerwyna was getting ready for the occasion with the help of Hida. She was nervous, very nervous. She did not know what to expect. Everything had to go as planned, nothing could go wrong.

Looking at her own reflection, Aerwyna took in every detail on the looking glass. Her blonde hair styled with her front pieces french plaited and pinned back, leaving the rest of her hair down just as she requested that morning. Her eyes moved onto her dress. The masterpiece was a long blue dress covering in beautiful tiny sparkling crystals across the top part of the dress; Aerwyna could imagine walking with the dress trailed behind her and just looking at it, it gave her an exquisite feel to the atmosphere. Every crystal twinkled under the light. The bewitching lining intoxicated everyone in the dresses beauty — the radiant silk ran down to the bottom of her feet. The intricate neat lacing made every mortal fall in love with the dresses beauty. The delicate belt at the waist introduced attention to the crystals lining up against the breast. It was dazzling. It was perfect. But still she hoped she wouldn't outshine her parents, after all they were the centre of the party. Since the dress was so magnificent on its own, she wanted to keep everything else simple. In honour of her parents' anniversary, she picked a ring with a small sapphire in the middle, which she was given by her mother for her fourteen birthday. She smiled to herself. Everything looked impeccable.

"You look angelic, Nana." She smiled at her best friend in the full-length mirror, thanking her. Then she noticed something was missing.

"Why haven't you changed? The party is going to start soon."

"I am only a servant, an orphan, Madam. I am no lady, no princess, no noble. I am no one of significance, my Lady. I don't fit to be in such gatherings."

"Don't you dare say that! You are important to me! And not just me, I mean Mother and Father see you as their daughter, Anchor sees you as a slightly-elder sister and I see you as my sister I've always wanted and my best friend. And tonight I want you to be there in the gardens with me, celebrating and having fun. Be there with me when I meet my new professor. And hopefully I will be beside you, hoping to help you find the man of your dreams." Hida laughed at the last one. Aerwyna strolled over to her wardrobe and skimmed through the fancy dresses she had. And one stood out. A short sleeved red dress. She took the dress out and turned around to see Hida with her mouth wide open.

"Close your mouth, Dada. Or you'll catch flies." Giggling at her reaction, fully knowing that she would protest after she recovered from her shock. Just as she began to open her mouth again to disagree, Aerwyna took her hand and gently placed the dress on Hida's forearm. 'I insist, Dada. Besides red doesn't really suit me, you would look lovely in this dress.' Hida looked at the dress and Aerwyna again, realising that no matter how hard she try to protest, the final winner would always be me. She nodded, took her peach-coloured dress off and put on the red dress. After she wore the dress, both of them gasped. She looked gorgeous. Roles were switched. Aerwyna did her hair and styled it into a low bun, and gave her a pair of sparkly drop earrings. Standing up, walking over to the full-length mirror, Aerwyna watched her handmaiden slowly taking everything in. Her dress was short sleeved with beads and tiny crystals across the top, followed by a thick red satin belt wrapped around the waist, while the skirt flowed with her every movement.