Deals and Promises

Elizabeth Brooks

Palm Springs

March 13, 2002 (next day)

"Wake up! Its 12 o'clock in the afternoon" Sara's voice sang. I rolled over in the bed and pulled the spread over my head.

"Lizzy!" I felt the impact of Sara's pounce as she landed on me. She stood to her feet and began to bounce up and down, causing me to roll over the edge. She began to laugh hysterically, unable to control her reaction. Not being able to get mad, I joined in, laughing without control.

"Now that you are up, you need to get ready. We're spending the day at the spa." She smiled

"What about the guys? Are they going to join us?" I asked sleepily as I stood to my feet. I was not complaining about getting pampered.

"There was a car auction close by so Jason decided that we should just spend the day relaxing while they went out and looked around." She said as she gathered my clothes off the ground.

"That's so thoughtful of him. I can take care of this, leave them." I scowled.

"Go, get in the shower" She ordered as she smacked my butt.

---

"That was nice" I cooed as we laid peacefully in the spa lounge. I was waxed, plucked, and messaged thoroughly and I have never felt better.

"Yeah, we should do this more often. I just wished Jason came." She whispered.

"Why didn't you just spend the day with him?" I asked her, as I sipped my lemonade.

"We came here together. I couldn't just go off alone with Jason and leave you to yourself"

"Of course you can. Matter of fact that's exactly what you are suppose to do. I can handle myself Sara. I love you but sometimes you can be a mom."

"I know, I know. I just wished you had someone to keep your company while I was with Jason. I know being a third wheel isn't easy and I know seeing our relationship is difficult but..."

"Why do you have so much guilt?" I questioned her.

"Don't you remember the first few years of university at all? Have you really blocked them out?"

I shrugged and waited for her to explain.

"Everyone thought I was a rich spoiled kid. They thought I was weird and obnoxious and some even called me a bitch. But I couldn't blame them, I acted the part" She laughed. "But even though I gave you attitude throughout our interactions, you never looked at me differently" She smiled

The Sara now and the Sara then, were two different people. People would go out of their way to warn others away from her. Honestly I didn't care who did what because they all acted as if we were still in high school. I just treated her like anyone else because at least she told you what she thought to your face; unlike most who said it behind your back.

"I remembered when we became friends, I got needy and clingy. You always placed your relationship with Liam aside just to help me through my problems... and I guess I kind of feel... responsible for what happened?"

"Sara, did you put Liam's dick in someone's private parts?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised

She laughed "No..."

"Exactly! Don't blame yourself for any of that. I want you to have fun with Jason, he's a great guy. Stop worrying about me."

"...but it still doesn't feel right" She bowed her head.

What was this going to take? She was not going to believe me and I didn't want her worrying about me this whole weekend while Jason begged her for attention. I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth as I spoke the next sentence "plus, I won't be alone... that's why Jake's here right? I'll just spend time with him while you're out with Jason"

"Really? You would seriously do that?"

"Yeah" And with that word, I regretted it.

Jake Carter

Palm Springs

March 13, 2002

We have been looking at cars all morning. I'm even thinking of making a few of them company cars. It was actually nice to be out of the office and away from all the drama and troubles in life. These days reminded me of all the times Jason and I would blank out from the world and create our own space.

"I don't understand why she feels that she has to be around Elizabeth 24/7" Jason ranted. He's been complaining since we left the hotel and Sara was out of ear range.

"Maybe they are just close" I commented, clearly disengaged in the conversation.

"It drives me crazy man. Lizzy has so much influence in my relationship without even trying. I know she doesn't want to get involved but..." Jason rubbed his head and sighed.

"I'm sure it will get better" I said, viewing the interior of a nearby vehicle.

"I just need this week with her, man. I just want to have her to myself for the few days"

"Then let her know"

"I have and it always comes back down to her asking Lizzy. Hey... can you help me out?" Jason smiled as if he figured it all out.

I throw my head back and laughed "You're on your own with this one. I came here to relax, as you said. This is my vacation, probably the only one I'm going to have for a long time."

"Jake, please. That's why I asked you here in the first place" Jason begged

"Sorry man"

I continued to scan the sea of cars and made mental notes on improvements that could be made to our own brand.

"Fine! I'll do the Lodge hotel deal." Jason surrendered.

I looked at him in disbelief and took him into my arms and squeezed tight. He managed to break my hold and took me into a headlock. "There are stipulations, my friend"

I unlocked his arms and pulled free. I straightened myself, unable to remove the smile on my face. "Name them"

"First, you have to spend time with her until this trip is over. She cannot be alone because if she is, Sara will want to stay with her. Second, you must keep her happy, any means necessary..."

"And what if she wants to use me for sexual acts?" I questioned as I rest my hands on my hips.

"Then so be it. You do what she says Jake. If she wants you to strip, you rip your clothes off. If she wants you to lie down, you drop without hesitation. If she is happy then Sara will be more relaxed"

"So basically I'm just being used for my body..."

"Get over it."

"And what if I fail?" I asked curiously

"Then the deal is off. I need this time alone with Sara and if it means using you and your body, its fine by me."

"Fabulous" I replied. How was I going to do this? Everything I say gets this girl heated. This was the first challenge I took on that I was unsure of whether I would succeed or not.

__________________________________________________

Thank you guys for reading thus far! don't be afraid to tell me what you think!! I want to know!!

I'm excited that Jake and Lizzy will be spending time together... but how will it turn out?!?! ;)

XOXO kay

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3 :)