1.0

8:02 pm

Josh pulled into the driveway of his house, turning the engine off and jumping out of the car. He quietly closed the door, trying not to wake Tyler up as he opened the passenger door. He picked Tyler up again, stopping his movements when Tyler moved a bit, but sighed in relief when the boy just cuddled into his chest sound asleep. He struggled to unlock his door, but was soon enough able to get it open, lightly pushing it closed with his foot before locking it again.

He carried Tyler up the stairs to his room, Tyler was obviously exhausted and probably wouldn't be waking up for a while. He gently lied Tyler onto his bed, sitting him up slightly to pull off his jacket and t-shirt. Josh's heart ached as he saw how man bruises covered Tyler's pale and skinny body. Some bruises were small, while some were very large. His entire stomach and ribs were littered with dark bruises, as were his arms.

Anger and guilt filled the boys body as he examined the bruises. He sighed as he lied Tyler back down, sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. He wishes he could have been faster, he wishes he could have gotten their faster to protect Tyler from those people that hurt him. 

He wishes the bruises were on his body instead of Tyler's.

"J-Josh?" Tyler's small and shaky voice rang out through the silent room, making Josh's head snap up to look at the younger boy. Tyler sat up slightly, rubbing his eyes and wincing in the process.

"Wh-where am I?" Tyler asked in a slightly confused voice. A panicked look flashed through his eyes, but he calmed down a bit when he looked at Josh. 

"It's okay Ty. You're just at my place don't worry," He cooed at his scared friend. Before Josh could say anything else, Tyler threw himself into his arms. Josh held the small boy close to him as he cried into Josh's chest. His heart cried out for the poor boy, he never wanted to see Tyler this sad again. He wanted the boy to be as happy as humanly possible. He deserved the best the world could offer and more. 

"Th-Thank you Josh, so so much. I-I-I was s-so sc-scared, I-I-I," Tyler weakly stuttered out before collapsing into Josh's arms again. Josh's just held the crying boy, repeatedly telling him that he was okay now, that he was safe.

"Stay with me please? I-I'm scared," Tyler weakly croaked out, looking up at Josh with glossy, tear filled eyes. His heart swelled at the younger boy's request, only nodding slightly before lying down and pulling Tyler into his chest, holding him tightly to show him that he was safe and okay.

He was safe.

---

I finally got a laptop so be expecting me to hopefully update a lot more.

-Abby