Succulent

I couldn't help but look at the stickers of stars and constellations on the ceiling. The more I keep on discovering bits of his personal spaces, the more I fall for him. I found myself raising my hand as if I'm going to pick a star and bring it with me. To imagine that a man I love has a galaxy of his own, I felt like being a star for him to admire.

Or maybe... this would be our personal galaxy. 

I don't want to leave his bed yet. I could still the warmth of the night we spent that night. I closed my eyes deeply and laughed. Goddammit. You're being sentimental again. This is why he always calls you a teddy bear.

But those moments were imprinted on my mind. I want to wrap my bare self with his sheets again and inhale his intoxicating scent. The smile forming on my lips came naturally, holding the blankets as if my fingers were still intertwined with his.

The thing was, he was already up, probably preparing breakfast for the both of us. I wished he was still beside me so that I could still kiss his messy hair, his forehead, his nose, his lips...

I heaved a sigh as a warm sensation pooled my insides. I could find myself smiling again, imagining that he's still by my side. Until I opened my eyes once again to tell myself, "Hey, he's already up. You should get up and help him prepare breakfast, you lazy ass."

So I got my lazy ass and shook my head, telling myself, "Let's hold off the daydreaming for now."

After putting on a white T-shirt that fortunately fits me and a simple pair of black boxers, I left his room. I've never imagined that this place would mean so much to me; he rarely invites people to his condo unit. He's the one who usually insists that he'll visit us. I don't really know why though, but to me, I find it so cute.

I just find every single detail of him so cute. I'm crazy. Crazy for him.

When I made my way to the kitchen, I noticed a shelf of succulents near the windows. The windows gave enough sunlight for the plants' nourishment. Curious, I went closer to the shelf. The shelf of succulents adorned other stone ornaments and picture frames of plants.

My nature lover side squealed in glee. I suddenly had the urge to pick up a pot and admire the succulent plant.

When I turned the pot around, I froze on the spot. On one side of the pot was a piece of paper stuck with washi tape.

It read 'Jacqueline.'

I inferred that the names were hidden in plain sight so I checked every pot of succulent. I confirmed it; the succulents had names of the people he knew in his life. His family, his friends...

His family, his friends...?!

My heart fluttered when I entertained the thought that he named a succulent after me. I haven't checked all of the succulents yet, so I made sure that I checked everything. When I arrived at a cute succulent that looked like a blooming flower perched at the very center, I turned it around...

...and it had my name on it.

"Shit, I forgot to water my succulents!" His voice almost made me clumsily drop the pot. Good thing I put it back to where it was, except that my name was showing in plain sight.

I could see from my peripheral version that he was now beside me. I slowly turned to him only to find that he was staring at me, his face beet-red. He was wearing a blue statement shirt saying "Cats are love, cats are life" with a cute cat print on it and a pair of black boxers with a carrot pattern.

I shyly and slowly turned the pot with my name on it around, hiding it from plain sight.

"I-is this why you don't want us to--"

"Don't tell anyone!" His hands flew to my mouth instinctively. "Please..."

My hands reached his cheeks and pinched them. "Okie dokie."

"Geez, I can't even take you seriously if you say 'okie dokie' with a childish voice," he let out a comforting laugh.

"You even made my namesake your centerpiece." I grinned before I stole a kiss.

He gaped and returned a toothy grin. "So that I would always remember to water you--I mean, water the succulents!" 

"Do you sing to them everyday?" I asked, which caught him off-guard. Whenever we travel or climb mountains, if we find tree saplings, we would water them. He would not just only water plants, but he would also sing to them as if they were encouraging them to grow up.

When will he stop being cuter? Actually, I hope I don't get the answer for that question, because I don't want him to stop.

"Of course I do." He didn't look at me as he answered. I just kept on seeing his different sides, and all of those sides of his suit him the best. Bashful, playful, or serious... it just makes me want to hug him and kiss him soundly.

He caught a glimpse of me and looked away again. "Anyway, let's go eat breakfast."

"But what I want to eat for breakfast is you..." Ah, fuck. Now I can't stop myself.

But instead of a flustered expression, he raised an eyebrow and gave a half-serious glare. "Ah, so you want to turn me to bacon? Sorry. Cannibalism is not tolerated here."

Bashful, playful, serious, feisty...

Ah, dammit.

"C'mon, I'm just kidding!" I enveloped him with a tight embrace. "Anyways, let's eat! I'm looking forward to breakfast."

"Why though?"

"Because your meals are the greatest."

"Eh. But you're a good cook too. Please don't flatter me a lot."

"But it's the truth..."

"These are just ordinary sunny-side-up eggs and bacon..."

"They are the greatest because you prepare them with love."

"Heheh... actually. Lots of love, yes--wait, no. A cup of love, probably."

"W-why would you measure it..."

Just staying by his side makes me so sure of myself. I'll make it sure that both of us will be happy until the end.