Making Amends

This may be longer, and on the sad side, but not too bad. I made up the backstory or based it off of other fan theories but mostly my own.

Also I may publish this separately as well...

Summary: After Laxus is kicked out of Fairy Tail he sulks over hurting his friends, especially freed. Old memories start to surface, and he is left wishing he can only make up for what he did. But, will Freed give him the chance?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Laxus's p.o.v.) {A little after he was kicked out of the guild}

I never meant to do it...

I never wanted to hurt my guild, my friends, my family, my grandfather...

I never meant to force everyone to fight. To make them turn against one another. To hurt them myself to even go as far as threatening to take their lives and even the lives of innocent people...

But I did...

I did do that. And there is no way I'll every be fully forgiven.

But even all that wasn't the thing I feel bad about the most. The worst thing, in my mind, that I had ever done was hurt him...

He was my best-friend, the only one I ever fully trusted. He was everything to me and I didn't even know it. He was Freed Justine.

And I hurt him. I forced him to do things he never wanted to do. I used his unwavering loyalty and his power to my advantage. I manipulated him, destroyed our friendship, threatened him, and treated him like nothing more than a piece of garbage.

And I hate myself for it.

I could never make amends.

So I suppose that's why I drink... To try and forget. Although it never works. I can still hear and see his pain and disappointment. And every-time I did. It shattered my heart into tinier and tinier little pieces every-time.

Alcohol alway helps a bit like it is doing right now, that is until an unwanted memory ends up popping into my mind. When I first met Freed...

[flash back] (3rd person p.o.v.) /pre-teen age/

The little greenet sat on the side of the road, his knees pulled to his chest. His sniffles and soft cries fell on deaf ears as the rare traveler would ride by and completely ignore him.

His name was Freed Justine, although most only knew him as Freed the Dark. He hated that name. He hated it with no sense of a doubt.

He was born with ruin magic that was considered to be, at least at the time, black magic. He was abandoned by his parents, his father being dead, and his mother accusing him of being a demon child.

He never got along with kids cause he was considered quiet reserved and creepy. He enjoyed to be indoors reading books rather than going outside to play. The local kids, his merciless bullies, were the ones who gave him his hated nick-name. And everyone, even adults, always called him that.

He was an outcast. Just considered to be nothing but a dark stain on the perfectly clean table cloth they call their world.

Even just an hour ago he was beat and chased out of his hometown.

And now he was abandoned, with no friends or family. He was alone, hungry, tiered, hurt, and scared. So he had nothing left to do but cry. He didn't cry for attention, he knew no one would care. He just cried because it was all he could think to do. No one would ever even think to help him.