30a. Hurt

*Beth's POV*

"Me and JJ kissed!"

As those words came out my mouth. I knew I worded it wrong.

"Wait! What?" He turned to me. "Did I just hear that right?" His voice was starting to break. And that broke my heart. I hurt him.

"It didn't mean anything, I was a mistake!"

"I don't want your excuses. It hurts Bethany." The breaks in his voice made me hate myself. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve me. I still didn't give up.

"But.." I was cut off.

"I don't want to speak to you right now!" He said before turning around placing his head down on the desk.

I left. I ran to Simon's room and burst down in tears.

"I heard." Simon said. "I'm so sorry."

I couldn't reply. I was too upset. I just wanted to cry. And leave this house.

"I'm gonna go talk to him. Stay here." He said while leaving his room.

I couldn't stay here. Just knowing I hurt Vik this much made me want to run away. And that's exactly what I did.

*Vik's POV*

'How could she do this?' I thought to myself. I still couldn't believe what I just heard. By the look in her eyes I knew she was being truthful. I also knew she was hurt. But she hurt me so much.

I had tears in my eyes. I tried to wipe them away as I heard Simon come in my room.

"It was a mistake." He said softly.

"I know, she still did it though." I sighed.

"She's hurting, just like you."

I ignored him. I still didn't look at him. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. Things only got worse when JJ arrived.

"I'm so sorry Vik." I heard the truthfulness in his voice. "It was a mistake. I'd never hurt you like that."

'You did though' I thought to myself.

"Listen Vik, you've fought so hard for her. Don't give her up for a drunken mistake." Simon said.

It took some time but I finally realised that's all it was. I did fight hard. I travelled far for her. Even if I didn't plan going to Tenerife, it all still was for her. The highlight of the trip was seeing Beth. Then to Newcastle. She even came down to London. I wasn't going to lose this battle.