Embry Call

This takes place before Embry became a shapeshifter.

Best Friends
Word count: 2500

Y/N  Y/L/N and Embry Call had been best friends since kinder garten. They were really close and almost always together, someone who doesn't know them would definitely consider them a couple.

But they weren't, to Embry's disappointment. He had been head over heels for Y/N since they were 5 years old. He loved every bit of her, every habit, every flaw just everything.

Ofcourse Y/N loved Embry too, but not exactly in the same way or better said, she didn't allow herself to feel more for him than just a friendship.

In her eyes, being more than friends would only cause complications. She liked how things were now and she didn't want to change anything.

Embry knew that and that's also the reason why he never told her how he felt, though things would have been easier if he had a long time ago.

Everytime Y/N had a new boyfriend, Embry would be extremely upset and walked around with a big fake smile on his face. But the absolute worst thing was to hear her sobbing on the phone whenever one of those douchebags cheated or broke up with her. Ofcourse Embry would always come over to cheer her up. Watching movies, eating ice cream and cuddling. The three magical ingredients to fix a broken heart.

This time it was nothing different.

Embry felt his phone vibrate, he reached in his backpocket and revealed it to be Y/N.

He pushed the answer button and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hey Y/N" A smile formed on his face as soon as he said her name.

"E-Embry can you come over please?" Her usual warm and cheery voice was replaced by a sad soft one. Embry's smile fell immediately.

"What happened?" His voice was filled with sadness.

"It's about Tyler.. He-he made out with some girl on that party yesterday." Embry could hear that she had been crying and was already busy collecting the things he wanted to bring.

"I"ll be over in a few, please don't cry." With that he hung up and ran down the stairs.

"Mom do we have ice cream left?" He yelled to his mother who was watching a tv show.

Tiffany Call turned to her son. "You can look for yourself, I didn't gave you eyes without a reason."

Embry rolled his eyes and walked to the freezer, changing his shirt in the process.

He grabbed the strawberry flavour and ran back to the living room.

"I'm going to Y/N's." He called to his mother, while struggling with his coat.

"Okay, have fun." She looked up from the tv, a little smile tugged to her lips.

Embry still hadn't figured out why his mother always smiled differently when he mentioned Y/N.

However he shrugged it off and went to his best friend's house.

They both lived on the small reservation, so it took only a few minutes to walk.