I giggle into the phone,"Where is it?"

"The Delight.", he says.

"What?", I sit up in bed,"That place is so expensive. You need to make reservations days before  so you can even get in."

"That's why I was hoping I'd get lucky if you said yes, today.", he tells me in a very charming way.

His charm is undeniably smooth and I know why.

But still, I've always wanted to go to The Delight. It's the most elite restaurant in town.

"What time?", I ask him.

"Does 7 sound good?", he asks.

I look over at the clock. It's 5:45 right now.

"Yep.", I tell him,"That's perfect. I'll meet you there soon."

"Great.", he says and hangs up.

Suddenly, all of the exhaustion that I was feeling before is gone. Right now, all I'm thinking about is getting ready for our date.

The Delight is literally a block away, so I have plenty of time planning out what I'm going to wear.

Ever since I got my job, Kevin and I haven't been able to spend that much time together. I knew that it made him upset, but he didn't say anything. Probably because he knows how important this is to me. 

I walk over to my closet and start rummaging. Bits and pieces of clothing and belts begin to fall off easily. Wow, I really have to clean this place up.

Meh...mayble later. Besides, I have more important things to worry about right now.

Hmm, there's a black maxi dress with beading and red dress that goes to my knees. 

I decide that the black dress is a bit too formal, even for The Delight, so I grab the red dress off of the hanger and lay it on my bed.

 I peel off my clothes and hop into the shower. Letting the warm water completely soak me so that I don't have to be worried about anything.

As cliche as this sounds, showers are a very good time to just think about life. Not really the stressful things, just somethings that I should or shouldn't do. And even if they should be causing me stress, I never really worry about it.

The first thing that comes into my mind is why I didn't tell my mom that I'm with Kevin again....

When we were younger, Kevin came to my house to meet my family soon after I met his. My parents loved him. They found him charming and quite smart. But of course he knows how to charm and manipulate people in a very cunning manner. It's in his nature.

But as soon as "the incident", my mother has hated Kevin with all of her might. I moved out and although I do talk to her on occasion, I've been having less and less time talking to her because of work and well...because I'm with Kevin.

I know that she won't approve of my dating him again and I don't want to make her upset. Even though I know, deep down, that I'm hurting her more by not saying anything, I just don't think that it's the right time for her to know about us.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Kevin has told Eva about us...

Eva was like a mother to me. We'd talk about almost anything and she treated me like she treated Celie.

Does she know??

I realize that I've been standing here for too long because I just noticed that I'm not even washing myself. I'm just standing here; oh wow.