- And lots of sweets!

I tore my eyes away from the letter, feeling my stomach churn and I bit down on my bottom lip, suppressing a mix of emotions.

Never did I think not having a father around would affect Drew so much. Sophia probably, too. I didn't like it. I didn't like that deep down, they longed for a father. They longed to have someone here, teaching them fatherly things. Drew wanted to bond with someone.

I frowned, huffing out a breath. A glint of guilt and regret danced inside of my stomach. Only five years of age and they were already curious about their father. But I couldn't blame them. They had a right to know where their missing father was.

My heart clenched, thinking back to Drew's letter.

I hope I can see you soon, dad.

God, did I feel bad. He was so excited and ready to meet his father. And Sophia, she seemed just as curious as Drew. But as always she remained quiet.

I sighed heavily. It was inevitable that this would all happen. It just so happened to happen earlier than I expected. This was all bound to happen and I had to be ready.

And I guess the truth was - I wasn't ready for this all to happen. I wasn't ready to face my past all over again.

But it was time for me to stop being selfish and start thinking about my children and their feelings.

I had to do what was right.

---

Three days passed and I had thought it all out. One month, I'd take a one month holiday off from work, knowing I would risk losing my job. The twins, I already called their school, informing them that they'd be taking a month off for personal reasons.

And lastly, rent. I had payed a two month rent. Gas, water, energy - all the bills, I had payed. So I wouldn't return home, only to see a surprise of numbers I owed.

Where was I going?

Back to the place my life changed. The place I walked away from, five years ago.

I was going back.

But only for the better of my children.

I gulped, my eyes darting to the clock. It was two pm and I had half an hour to go pick up Sophia and Drew. I pulled on my black cardigan/jacket, locked the house before I made my way to their school.

I was nervous about the whole thing. Anxious and dare I say it, a little excited for it all to happen. I missed all of them, so much. It would warm my heart to see them again, especially after so long.

I just hoped they'd feel the same.

I shook off my thoughts and eventually found myself reaching their school building. A small pre-school. The teachers there were always nice and welcoming. I smiled small, opening the gate and finding other parents standing outside, waiting to collect their children.

The door eventually opened and a teacher held hands with a small kid, a line of children following. Mrs Apple was their teacher. Their class hadn't come out yet. I continued to wait and their turn soon came.

I waved Drew and Sophia over when I caught their eye. They mumbled something to the teacher, her eyes darting towards me and smiling small. I returned it, holding out my arms, awaiting their embrace.

They ran over, jumping into my arms. I couldn't help but grin as I hugged them. I just loved them both so much.

"How was school?" I asked, straightening up and taking ahold of their hands. I pushed open the gate, and we stepped out, walking off towards home.