013

"I'm sending this to Savion!" Genie declares

"Sending what?" I ask.

She walks over to me showing the photo she previously taken. We were in the process. Tonight was the night, well evening of the banquet. And it was showtime. Everyone has to come dressed to impress and I know for sure that I'll be impressing myself with my choice of attire. I was pretty excited about the banquet. If I were honest I'm actually more excited to see Savion in a suit, but since I'm not being honest I won't say that. Things between the both of us have been becoming very serious in a sense of friendship. I find us tagging along with one another more lately and becoming allot more comfortable with the friendship. Angie also, even though lately she's been hanging around this guy that's got her interest. He took her on a date last Saturday and I can't help but think it's cute since her last relationship was when we were fourteen.

"He said you're looking gorgeous there Sarabi, I'm not sure I should let you leave the pride land!"

I cackle at his response and wave her off. I know for sure that Genie was going to slay my entire being.

"I just can't wait until you're in that dress!" She squeals.

"Bitch me too! I sound so ghetto right now." I cover my mouth.

"Embrace your race girl! Let that blackness out." She eggs me on.

"Oh stop it!" I giggle.

My phone rings as I see the call bring private, Monyea.

"Hey baby!" I smile.

"Woah, hey. You're in a good mood."

"A great one! We're getting ready to for that banquet I told you about. I'm so excited! I'm gonna send you some pictures from tonight." I beam.

"A'ight then, I know you're as gorgeous as they come! I love you baby. Lemme not keep you long. You should be getting the letter I sent by tomorrow."

"Alright baby. I love you too."

We disconnect and I can barely contain my excitement for the night.

"I'm gonna go finish getting ready, you stay there!" Genie tells me like I'm gonna move while the hairstylist is putting accessories in my hair. I decide to pass time, I'll text Savion.

Are you getting ready?
4:01PM

Of course I am 😏, you look absolutely beautiful by the way Sarabi. Not so sure Mufasa will grant you access off the pride land
4:03PM

Well, Sarafina and I are having a wildcat night off the pride land 💅
4:04PM

If that's what you wanna think go right ahead. But seriously you look nice.
4:05PM