A Thug's Bliss: Twelve

Start from the beginning

He locked eyes with me for a few seconds before a kool-aid smile spread across his face. "Mickie," He grinned approaching me and Mrs. Williams.
I couldn't contain myself once I jumped out my seat to hug him. My eyes released tears as we hugged for a little bit longer.

"How you been," Mikey asked me as we took our seat in the chairs. I was crying so hard that I couldn't even speak.

"Stop crying, Mickie. I'm here now." He reassured me, but he wasn't actually here. He was locked up behind bars.

"You're going to be in jail for life! How do you think I feel when I thought you were dead to find out you been in jail for four years?!" I barked, infuriated.

He sighed, rubbing his hand over his face. "Lemme speak to my sister real quick." Mrs. Williams nodded before getting up to go to the bathroom.

"Mickie, shit was real hot. I ain't want you and moms to get involved, so I dipped. I hope you ain't tell her or anybody else that I called you,"
I looked at him like he was stupid. I half chuckled, shaking my head. "Mikey, mom is dead! She been dead! She was murdered! But, here yo ass is sitting up in jail like everything's okay! Everything's not okay!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me with grief in his eyes. "Wh-what?"

"Yes.."

"If she got murdered how the fuck you still alive? Y'all live together!"

"She was a prostitute! She turned into a crackhead as soon as daddy died and you went missing,"

''Naw, I ain't tryna hear that!" Mikey was a true momma's boy and I was a daddy's girl.

"What the fuck you mean, you ain't tryna hear it? It's true!" He sighed, exasperated, putting his head in his hands. "Shit," He mumbled under his breath.

 "You can't stay in California no more.''

I scrunched my eyebrows at him. "What you mean?"

"Shit's too hot. You needa go back to New York with Aunt Chyna."

"What you mean 'shit's too hot,'' I wanted him to confirm exactly what Tre told me. That somebody was after me.

"Look, I fucked around wit the wrong people and they tryna get to you to get to me, that's what I mean. I can't be havin' you stay in California when niggas want my head outchea."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not going back to New York!" Something was keeping me here and I didn't want to believe it was Money.

"The fuck? You gon' do what I tell you to!"

"Ay, what's going on?" A police officer said, making his way towards us after hearing our heated argument.

"It's nuttin', man," Mikey answered, sending the supicious cop back to where he came.

He lowered his voice. "And what I heard about you fuckin' wit this Money nigga? Do you kno who that is?"

I was shocked. All because Mikey ain't seen me in four years, didn't mean he wasn't keeping tabs on me. It popped into my head, that he was watching me all along.

"Yes, you don't even know him!"

"I heard of him! He damn near running the west coast! He too dangerous for you to be fuckin' wit! It's bad enough these niggas I got beef wit lookin' for you, niggas he got beef wit' is gon' be looking for you too!"

"Mikey shut up!" I yelled at him, angry. "You left for four years and you think you can just get your little lawyer to call me and you can tell what to do? It doesn't work like that!"

"Fuck it. Watch when yo dumass get killed, don't expect me to come to yo funeral." Mikey said cold heartily.