Chapter III

He went to his room last night and never came out so I decided why not just go ahead to sleep. I pulled the warm fluffy sheets over my body and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I awoke to the bright light beaming in my face. I smelt bacon, which I loved in the mornings. Usually I was only aloud to have yogurt and some sort of fruit, which was usually strawberries, considering I'm in love with them! I sniffed the air, sighing in delight.

I pressed my tingly toes against the cold floor, walking into the kitchen. He hadn't even noticed me standing there as he continued to flip the pancakes. He was wearing an old t-shirt, and some pajama pants. I'm glad he wasn't one of those guys who slept without a shirt on, or at least walked around like that. Especially when their are other people in your house.

"You made breakfast?" I ask, finally announcing my presence. His head whips around to face me, as a smile creeps upon his lips.

"Morning sweetheart," he smiles, going back to scrambling the eggs.

"Should I get to cleaning?"

"Yes, I'm glad you asked actually," he snaps his fingers, clearly just remembering something. He walks off to his room and comes back a couple minutes later with a slutty maid dress. I'm sure whoever wanted to wear this piece of cloth, didn't intend to be wearing it in front of a guy they just met.

"This, my darling, is your work uniform." He gestures the dress out towards me, intending for me to take it.

"You don't really expect me to wear that piece of fabric, do you?" I scrunch my noise up in disgust.

"It's a maid dress, what's wrong with it?" he scrunches his eyebrows together, in confusion.

"What's wrong with it, is it looks like it was made for a 5 year old!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air dramatically.

"Yea, I know. You'd look totally hot in it," he wiggles his eyebrows, suggestively.

"You pig!" I say in annoyance. "I'm not wearing that."

"Well, then I guess you can say goodbye to your paycheck."

"You weren't even paying me!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes.

"You don't know that. Look, just put the damn dress on or go find some other job!" he says, throwing the dress at me. I catch it in my hands, roll my eyes, and walk off to the bathroom.

Once I slip into the dress I take a look in the mirror. I look like I work on the corner or something. I sigh.

I step out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and fixing my hair up a little. Last night I had it curled so I just ran my fingers through it to make it look more suitable.

Once he got his eyes on me, he never took them off. His mouth dropped in shock.

"Damn..."

"I'm a model, what did you expect?" I respond, rudely. "Now can I just get to cleaning?"

"Yea, sure. You can start with the kitchen, it's quite a mess." He grabs a plate of food and walks to the couch with it, turning on the TV. I grab the cleaning supplies he had on the counter and begin cleaning.

Once I finish the kitchen I head to the living room and start vacuuming. He has his feet crossed on the coffee table, so I attempt to vacuum underneath his feet, but fail. I finally just give up and kick his feet off the table.

"Hey!"

"What?" I laugh to myself. He looked kind of cute right now, all relaxed and comfortable, not dressed up.

Wait, what am I saying? This is my boss! He hired me to clean his house, not fall for his devilish ways.

"Why don't you take a break?" he suggests.

"Jesse, I'm working," I explain, rolling my eyes.

"No, seriously, take a break. I'm your boss and I'm ordering you to take a break," he smirks, pointing his index at me. He throws his arms around my waist and pulls me to the couch with him.

"Hey!" I exclaim, pushing his hands off of my waist.

"Just relax, you've been working all day. Plus I'm tired of hearing that vacuum while I'm trying to watch TV," he explains, throwing his hands behind his head and resting it on them.

"I'm sorry you hired me to clean your house, so that's what I'm doing. Got a problem, take it up with my boss," I say, sarcastically. He chuckles to himself.

"Okay. Well, you're boss thinks you should sit and relax for a while, and it's not up for discussion." I roll my eyes and shut my mouth. I really don't know when I'll get my next break so I should enjoy this one, even if it is just because he wants to hear his show.

After the show ends, I look over at Jesse, who's sound asleep. He looks adorable. I smile to myself, then lay a throw blanket across him.

"No, mom! I don't want anymore stuffing!" he mumbles in his sleep. I silently giggle to myself.

I get up to put away the vacuum and grab a snack from the fridge. Just as I open the doors I hear the phone ring. Quickly, so it doesn't wake him, I run to the phone and press answer.

"Hello?" I answer, putting the phone to my ear.

"Jesse?" says a girlish voice, or a very feminine man.

"No, I'm sorry this is Kennedy, can I help you with something?"

"Actually, could you just let him know I called?" she says, unsure if she should trust me with a message for him.

"Sure, can I get your name?"

"Veronica Louis."

A/N: Bonjour! I hope you guys enjoyed. These chapters are short because I want to have more chapters but make them shorter. You know? Yea, so btw comment below who you think Veronica is! And yes, she is a very important character in this story. Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow for more updates!

xoxo,
Theycallherjess