Chapter II

After hours of balling my eyes out, I decided I needed to find a job quick, fast and in a hurry or I'd be homeless. With that in mind, I started hanging up my resume posters all over town, hoping somebody would care enough to hire me.

I hung up the last poster and leaned against the wall, waiting for somebody to ring my phone.

Nobody.

Not but 2 hours later, I see someone walking towards me in the darkness. I grab a stick sitting next to me, as if that's gonna help, and clutch it tightly in my hands.

"Hello?" I call out, not exactly expecting an answer.

The figure steps closer and finally into the light. I could finally get a full view of his gorgeous appearance. He had dark brown hair, complimenting his dark brown eyes. His eyes were so enchanting, basically daring you to look away, but I couldn't. His cheekbones were carved so perfectly into his face, showing off his five o'clock shadow. He wore a jet black V-neck, that tightly fit over his abs, and some plain 'ol denim jeans.

I took a moment to observe his face, I knew him from somewhere. I just couldn't recall where.

"Hi, I'm Jesse Lockhart." he says with a Colgate smile, gesturing his hand out towards me. That's where I know him, he's like Mr. Gorgeous-God-that-every-girl-wants.

"H-hi, I'm Ken-"

"I know," he chuckles, feeling slightly offended he shoves his hand into his pocket.

"I saw your posters around town, and I personally found them really intriguing."

Wait, so somebody did care enough. I blushed slightly, tucking the hair that was hanging in my face behind me.

"Okay, so what job do you have for me?"

He observed my looks, his eyes roaming all over my body. I wondered what he was looking for.

"I'm looking for a maid..." my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach. Well, that hurt.

"A what?" I ask, not quite sure if I heard him correctly. He laughs to himself.

"It sounds crazy, but my last maid was just fired and I'd like you to be my new maid." As if saying it like that makes it any sweeter.

"Okay, listen here buddy," I threaten, poking his chest with my index. "Do I look like a fucking maid to you? I've got curves like you've never seen before! And you want me to waste that on your little maid?" He's full-on laughing right now, clutching his stomach. I mentally curse him out, reminding myself that he's a jerk.

"I know you do, I can clearly see that," he reminds me, observing my body again. "But if you'd like to just sit out here and wait for somebody else to come and offer you a job, then by all means do it."

He starts to walk off, but before he does I grab his arm. "Wait," I say in defeat.

He turns on his heel, so he's facing me again. "Yes?"

"How much does it pay?"

"I didn't know you wanted to get paid, honestly." he rubs the back of his neck, nervously.

"Well, yea. That's what a job is for, how am I supposed to afford my apartment?" I throw my hands across my chest.

"You can stay at my apartment, sweetheart," he assures me, with another one if those famous smiles of his.

What girl in their right mind would refuse staying at Jesse Lockhart's apartment? Me, that's who.

"I literally just met you not but five minutes ago. You can't just expect me to up and move into your apartment with you, and not have a problem with it!" I shout.

"Fine, I'll just find someone else." Then he walks off. Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this. I run after him and grab his arm just before he steps into his Uber. Why the hell does he have Uber and not a car?

"I'll do it." he turns around, smirking. I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Once we both arrive at his apartment plaza, we step out of the car and walk into the building.

"Hey, Jesse! Another one?" laughs one if the guys standing around in the lobby, who I'm assuming is his friend.

"Not tonight," he replies. The lobby guy stares at me in confusion.

"Aren't you Kennedy Lovet?"

"Yea, don't fan girl over it. You want an autograph or something?" I roll my eyes. He walks over towards me, hovering over me, since he's so tall.

"You can autograph me in bed, babe," he strokes my cheek, smirking at me.

"Ugh, gross!" I place my palms on his chest, backing away.

"Let's go, Jesse." I grab his arm and stand close to him, so that pervert doesn't try anything with me.

He quickly waves off lobby guy and pressed the elevator button, with me still on his arm. Once we're in the elevator he presses his floor button, and waits.

"Who was that guy?"

"That's Liam, he's harmless," he assures me.

"He tried to sleep with me, in the lobby!" I remind him, sending a strong glare his way.

"Well, who wouldn't..." he whispers. The elevator doors open and he steps out. He looks down at my arms, which are still latched on his strong muscular ones.

"You can let go, now." My cheeks blush, and I immediately remove myself from him, embarrassed.

The digs around his pocket for his keys, then unlocked the door and steps in.

I take a minute to observe his beautiful home. The floors are a shiny white marble, and solid white walls with a gold trimming. He's got huge windows, showing off the city. In the center is a white leather L-shaped couch, and above it is a giant portrait of him. He's obviously very self-absorbed.

He guides me to my room, which has the same white marble floors but has beautiful cream walls and gold trimming as well. There's a queen-sized bed in the center of the room, and a huge window to the left of it. I notice he doesn't like curtains, so he basically has no privacy.

"This is your room." he gestures inside. "And to the left of your room is the bathroom. My bedroom is just a couple doors down, and all the way at the end is the kitchen."

"Do you live here all by yourself?" I wonder, looking up at him.

"Yea..." he trails off, refusing to say anything else. He heads off to his room and I don't see him for the rest of the night.

Okay, Kennedy. This is your life now. I better get used to it, cause I don't think I'll ever get my old life back.

A/N: Bonjour! I hope you guys liked this chapter. There is a picture of Kennedy in the first chapter and a picture of Jesse in this one. Isn't he just darling? He's a model, in case you couldn't tell. He models for Calvin Klein mainly in this story. Alright, as always remember to vote, comment, and follow for more updates!

xoxo,
Theycallherjess