Chapter 25

As we stood in our almost glorious moment Mo and his back up said their goodbyes and drove away in the black van. Tony was just down the block by First Avenue with two cars already waiting for us back behind the building. Morris and Jerome headed back to meet with Tony. Dez and Andre soon followed behind them and it was just me and Prince standing at the corner. Prince could tell something was wrong when he looked at me.

"What's the matter? He's gone but you don't seem happy." Prince said.

He was concerned that maybe I had second thoughts about Marcus.

"You didn't believe him? Did you?" Prince asked.

"What? Oh no! It's just....."

"What is it?"

"Somethings not right. He left too easily." I said as I looked over my shoulder again.

"Well maybe he's tired of getting caught." Prince tried to assure me.

"No, no. Something just isn't right. What man would just give up?" I asked confused.

"So you wanted him to keep coming after you?" Prince asked.

"No I mean. You know how Marcus is and we saw that already. What he just did was an act I can feel it. He's coming back I know it."

"Regan you are worrying way too much. Everything is fine. He's not coming back." Prince said as he went to lean in to kiss me.

"Prince I'm telling you my heart isn't lying about this. He's gonna come back."

"If he does come back he's gonna regret it. I promise."

Before our lips could touch there was a click followed by a voice.

"Then make me regret it bitch."

Prince and I turned to find Marcus standing in front of us pointing the gun towards him.

"Yeah. I knew you were playing me all along. There's no way in hell you really left him. Just like I said. WEAK!" Marcus said.

He was entering a furious rage as he pointed his gun at Prince.

"Get behind me Regan now." Prince said as he pulled out his gun.

I got behind him like he asked as peered over his shoulder as Marcus began to even more enraged.

"So y'all really think y'all had me fooled. I ain't stupid. I know this game. You gave....quite the performance Jenson but I can be just as good if not better baby." Marcus said.

Prince was getting really tense as he cocked his gun.

"Don't take a step further or I blow your fucking brains out right where you stand." Prince said to him calmly.

"You won't take that shot baby boy. I know you won't." Marcus chuckled.

Prince tapped my arm before grabbing onto my hand.

"Regan go over to the building and stay there. Don't move unless I say. Go! Now!" Prince said.

I wasted no time. I ran over into the empty lot and behind the building like he wanted me to. I looked around the corner and watched as the scene of two men with guns drawn and pointed at each other ready to fight to the death.

"Why you gotta hide her for? She know damn well you can't protect her. You never could."

"I protected her from you for this long. It ain't gonna stop now just because you think you have a chance."

"I will always have a chance. Like I told you the last time. She belongs to me."

"No she doesn't and she never will. Now last chance Marcus. Leave with your life. If not I'll gladly put you out of your misery."

Marcus looked at Prince for a second as his eyes grew darker. I could tell he was going to try something. Instead he lowered his gun and shook his head smiling.

"Man to.....well ya know. What makes you think you can just come and take my girl from me? Just because y'all been friend since y'all were babies don't mean nothin'! If she wanted you that bad she'd been have you right? But you're always gonna be on the road. Bitches Fallin' atcha feet everywhere ya go. But you would rather die for that bitch? The fuck you thinkin brotha? She ain't nothin'! Nothin' but a brown skinned piece of ass."

Now Prince was mad. He kept the gun aimed at Marcus. I could see his chest rising and falling quickly as he tried to keep a steady hand. His deep seeded anger for Marcus was about to come out of him quickly. I knew that if I didn't say anything someone was bound to be killed.

"Prince! Don't let him get to you!" I shouted to him to keep his focus on where I was.

Marcus turned and pointed the gun at me.

"Shut up!" He shouted at me.

Out of reaction Prince shot a round off behind Marcus in the wooden post. He definitely had good aim and luckily nobody walks this way since we were on a dead end street. Marcus quickly turned back to Prince with his gun raise to his face.

"Don't talk to her motherfucker! This is you and me!" Prince yelled at him.

"Yeah? You and me? You don't want these problems dude!" Marcus said as he laughed at Prince.

"You can barely hold that pistol of your the right way. Just like the little bitch you are!"

Prince let another bullet fly just a mere few inches away from Marcus into the very same pole. The reaction on Marcus' face was more than panic but fear. For the first time in his life he saw the face of the devil staring back at him. Prince was in full on rage as he inched his way closer to Marcus. Marcus who was now shaking with his gun pointed at Prince was looking for an exit.

"You wanna keep going we can keep fucking going Marcus! I can reload faster than you can run." Prince told Marcus coldly.

Marcus couldn't hold his arm up anymore as he began to beg Prince to spare him his life. Prince watched as he coward down nearly dropping to his knees.

"Alright brotha! Alright! I got it! I'll......I'll go. It's over. I'll leave her alone." Marcus pleaded.

Prince looked over at the pathetic mess in front of him. He lowered the gun away from Marcus and backed away.

"You got ten seconds to get the fuck on. And don't show ya face in my city ever again." Prince told him.

Prince put the safety on his weapon and walked away from Marcus who was still on his knees. He turned to me and began to walk over to me and smiled.

"You ok?" Prince asked.

"Yeah I'm fine! Nice to see you can control your anger." I said as I stood up from the ground.

As I went to hug him Marcus stood up and grabbed his gun and cocked it quickly. My eyes got wide when Marcus had it point at Prince's back.

"PRINCE! MOVE!" I shouted.

Just as I was able to push Prince out of the way there was a single gun shot.