Chapter 7

Sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus he just shows up looking pitiful asking me if I need a ride home. I really was hoping the bus had came so I could avoid him all together. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

  "No I don't need a ride. Thanks anyway." I said hardly as I turned away from him.

  "Come on Regan it's getting dark and you don't wanna be catching a bus late at night."

  "Prince?"

  "Yes my love."

  "It's only 8:30. I'll manage getting home."

I got up and walked down to the end of the block where the next stop was. Prince revved his bike and followed me. There was just no shaking him. He has his new Cat friend. Go stalk her! Prince parked his bike and jumped off and chased after me. When he finally caught up and jumped in front of me and grabbed my arms pulling me into him.

"Stop acting like this. Come on let me take you home. Please?"

"No! Why are you so persistent in wanting to talk to me now? You have your girlfriend Cat remember?"

"Can we go back to your house and talk about this?"

"Why because you moved her into Paisley when you found out I left? Don't think so."

I tried to pull away from him but he had only tightened his grip the more I tried.

"Let me go Nelson!"

"Not until we can go to your house and talk about this."

His deep voice making my heart skip and his hazel brown eyes catching my gaze. His long jet black locks blowing softly across his face in the warm summer air. His touch was making my knees weak. The smile on his lips was enough to make me stop being mad and let him take me home. I was so conflicted. Why do he make me feel this way? His voice was a sweet melody of spoken word. His eyes pierced my very soul causing my heart to beat faster than I ever known. It was a hard decision but I let my guard down to this tanned skinned shy at heart musician. I closed my eyes and softened my attitude.

"Alright. Take me home. We'll talk. But don't bullshit me. I'm serious. I want the truth."

"And that's what I'll give you."

He pulled me closer and pressed his head gently against mine. He went to kiss me when we heard

"Look at the love birds."

We turned to find Marcus standing right behind us. He had a huge bruise on his face but he was walking the streets of Minneapolis still breathing.

"So nice to see you two again. How's ya boy Andre? He still alive right?" He said as he looked down at his hands.

"The fuck you want?" Prince asked him as he pushed me behind him.

"I believe that you have something that belongs to me."

"What another bullet?"

"Yeah right! Ya bitch ass didn't have the balls to shoot me the first time! There's no way in hell you would do it again. Just like when you had the chance to stab me but didn't. You ain't tough. You're just another bitch tryin to stay relevant. Livin' the pop life."

"Come see me and I'll prove you wrong bitch."

"OOOH! I'm so scared." Marcus said raising his hands to his face.

"Unless you wanna die right here you better get the fuck on man."

"Or you'll what? Sing me to sleep? Go ahead! I love that pretty little voice of yours." Marcus pulled out an object from his pocket and pushed a button and out popped a small blade.